WLS Book List

jenncarson
on 4/15/07 12:00 pm - AZ
(I promised by support group that I'd post some titles. Please, look over--comment and add to this list) "Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastic Banding" by Jessie H. Ahroni (I own) "Doctor's Guide to Weight Loss Surgery" by Lous Flancbaum, M.D. (I checked out of the library) "Body Contouring Surgery after Weight Loss" by Jeffrey Sebastian, M.D. I checked out of the library) "Lap-Band For Life" by Dr. Ariel Ortiz Lagardere (I've ordered) "Weight Loss Surgery For Dummies" by Marina S. Kurian (I own) These are titles that I want to borrow or I'll order from amazon: "Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery: Over 140 Delicious Low-Fat High-Protein Recipes" by Patt Levine "Final Success Workbook (The Success Habits of Weight-loss Surgery Patients)" by Colleen M. Cook "It Ain't Over 'til the Thin Lady Sings: How to Make Your Weight-Loss Surgery a Lasting Success" by Michelle Ritchie Recipes for Life After Weight-Loss Surgery: Delicious Dishes for Nourishing the New You by Margaret Furtado Success Habits of Weight-Loss Surgery Patients by Colleen M. Cook Weight Loss Surgery: Finding the Thin Person Hiding Inside You, Third Edition by Barbara Thompson Exodus from Obesity: The Guide to Long-Term Success After Weight Loss Surgery by Paula F. Peck "Before & After, Revised Edition: Living and Eating Well After Weight-Loss Surgery" by Susan Maria Leach
Nicole W.
on 4/15/07 1:05 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I have Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies and Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery... I love both books!
Arizona_Sun
on 4/15/07 1:07 pm - Gilbert, AZ
I have a large list of books on my website that you might check to see if there is anything that you don't have here and that you think would be helpful. http://www.acdlady.com/WLS_Books.html I don't think my list is completely up to date with what I own, but it has most of what I have. Sandy
jenncarson
on 4/16/07 11:15 am - AZ
Oh my goodness! Sandy's list of resources is incredible. I highly recommend that anyone and everyone check out her link above. -Jenn C in Chandler
Arizona_Sun
on 4/16/07 12:07 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Thank you Jenn. I think I have all of those books in my personal library and probably a few that are not currently listed. I have had such a struggle with my post-op health that the only way I could deal with it was to get myself informed and have resources that I could pick up when I needed to know. It aids me when someone has a question too.
Kelove34
on 4/15/07 1:12 pm - AZ
Thanks for the list of books. I have the Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies but I plan on buying a few more now. Thanks again, Kelly
Ewa C.
on 4/18/07 3:04 pm - Chandler, AZ
Jen & Sally: Of all the books that you have, which would you say are the best to provide info and help with post-op lap band folks? Thanks in advance for you advice! Ewa
Most Active