Addictions

DCampbell2k
on 4/15/07 3:37 am - El Mirage, AZ
Hello, Have any of your experienced addiction transfers. I'm just trying to find a little more information or learn about what people have done to overcome the use of other addictions after surgery. Thanks! Duane
johnb_az
on 4/15/07 8:55 am - Phoenix, AZ
Well I think my wife has replaced her food with exercise. She is really doing fantastic. I have heard others that go to alcohol. I think that is a very bad choice, but I am not judging anyone. We all do what we need to cope. I am still pretty early out (2 months). I have kicked up exercise and activity overall. Pre-op I was unable to do anything and I am still limited but able to be a little more active. My lose of activity is due to Metabolic Syndrome, NASH, and stage 4 Chirosis I have. WLS was a try to stop the progression of this slow terminal illness (about 8 years I was told by my Doctor). Today was my first ride with my motorcycle club in about a year. It felt great, but left me very fatigued. I hope you find something that works for you and keeps you healthy and safe. Hopefully not a addiction but a better outlet for your emotional and physical needs. Doc http://www.myspace.com/az411
JRinAZ
on 4/15/07 1:20 pm - Layton, UT
Yup! Addicted to support chat sites! Addicted to the gym! Addicted to tanning! .........the chocolate addiction is finally being managed! Hugggzzz! Joyce
moirap
on 4/16/07 7:06 am - Mesa, AZ
SHOPPING for clothes and shoes( high heels). I want stuff for my new body. I do stay on a budget, but I cant pass a good deal!!!!! I think I enjoy the size changes the best...down, down, down. Good luck Duane Moira
Desertflower
on 4/19/07 2:21 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Duane, As you get healthier and have more energy you'll develop new interests and want to try new things...the world is your oyster, just reach inside for the pearl. Make a list of all the things you COULDN'T do before and you'll see something that you will want to replace what FOOD used to be as an activity. Keep it positive and fun. Good Luck! Robin
Most Active