Surgery date moved!

Kelove34
on 4/11/07 2:06 am - AZ
I am so bummed!! My surgerons office just called me and moved my surgery date from 4/17 to 4/24. So now that means I have to do the pre op diet for 3 weeks instead of two... help!! 2 protien shakes and one 500 cal meal... I get SO hungry! I havent found the silver lining in this one yet... Kelly
JEAN-NA
on 4/11/07 5:21 am
kelley Silver lining time : You get an extra week to loose a couple more pounds and make surgery easier for you and doctor both, try to combat the hunger with Diet Jello, salad and protein shakes - its going to be a long time before you can eat veggies . try doing a time schedule ! chew , chew chew, dont drink fluids with meals - keep in good practice !! You will do great - Just try not to think about it ! by the way who is your Dr & why did they reschedule surgery ???
Kelove34
on 4/11/07 5:40 am - AZ
My Dr is Dr. Schwartz in Tucson. Their reasoning for the reschedule was they didnt have enough time to fit me in so I was bumped to the following week.
LaurenJaneSays
on 4/11/07 5:51 am - AZ
Hey Kelly...I think we met at the pre-op class. Sorry to hear that your surgery has been bumped. The pre-diet is so hard...but it's gonna be worth it. I'm freaking out of the cost of it now. Even though my insurance is paying for the surgery they're giving me flack over the consultation. I'm seriously thinking of postponing. Sigh. So nerve-wracking. Hang in there and keep in touch! Lauren
Kelove34
on 4/11/07 11:54 am - AZ
Lauren - I am so glad to hear from you. I was going to ask for your phone number after the class so we could keep in touch but I forgot! Yes, this pre op diet is VERY hard and I am NOT doing as well as I should. What consultation are you talking about? The first appt with Dr. Schwartz? How much are they charging you? I am sure it is so expensive! I hope everything works out! Talk to you soon, Kelly
Most Active