WLS Tatoo

jenncarson
on 4/10/07 1:34 pm - AZ
I think I'm going to get a tatoo to celebrate my WLS when I reach 50 pounds and then when I reach 100 pounds. Any ideas... "One day at a Time" in Japanese? A butterfly for transformation and renewal? A giant arrow pointing to my big lap band scar under the phrase, "port this way" "You are What you Eat" in Gaelic "Objects in the Mirror are Smaller than they Appear" on my butt What do yo think? -Jenn C. in Chandler p.s. Not totally kidding-- I'm thinking about the Butterfly
Ewa C.
on 4/10/07 4:32 pm - Chandler, AZ
Another idea for a tatoo over the lap band port scar would be the symbol for the SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA. That might be a good idea for a tatoo in that area. I'm also considering getting at that particular tatoo over my scar after I am completely healed, but that will not be for quite a while since I only just had my lap band surgery on 4/28/07. Here more information on it: SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA - THIRD CHAKRA Located midway between the rib cage and the navel, this is the sense of identity. The Solar plexus chakra is associated with the pancreas, liver, gall bladder, spleen, digestive system and nervous system. Here are to websites to go to more more information about the SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA - THIRD CHAKRA: http://users.adelphia.net/~alfio/alternativethinking/solarplexus.html http://www.crystal-cure.com/chakra-solarplexus.html I'd be curious what you think about this idea. Ewa
nicoleaz
on 4/10/07 9:16 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Jenn, I'm so glad I'm not the only one wanting to celebrate weight loss with a tattoo! Haha I love what the butterfly symbolizes for us WLSers. I had something else in mind for a tattoo, but only because I'm obsessed with dia de los muertos images. I also love stars. Choosing a tattoo and then having it designed is gonna be an ordeal - good to think about it now! Let us know what you decide and definitely share pictures!!!! Nicole
JEAN-NA
on 4/11/07 12:17 am
Jenn I am a tattooo lover also , But let me give you a word to the wise , Be carefull where you put it and what size you go. If you have any plastics in the future it may cause things to change , Skin may droop and cause distortion to your new Ink - We recently saw lots of pictures that showed this. I would suggest something small on a shoulder - little change in that area . Both of mine are on my back shoulder area and have changed very little since loosing a 145 lbs , I have a angel on my back with WLS in the dress part of it ! Let me know what you choose to do .. I am almost ready for another one . I have a wonderfull guy in Mesa that is very reasonable on prices
Candi Y.
on 4/11/07 3:38 am - Cottonwood, AZ
OK - Other Tatoo lovers, I too will celebrate with a tat, but I am going to continue work on one I already have so anyone know how painfull one is on the top of your foot? Want to carry down in a rose filled vine the one I already have around my ankle to the top of my foot to a toe?? Might need painkillers for this one ahhh? Jenn- I like the ides of "One day at a time", not only has that reflected your weightloss, but LIFE in general! I say that one!!! GOOD LUCK!
kmayfield
on 4/11/07 5:41 am - Tucson, AZ
Candi, The pain killers are a good idea if doing the top of your foot.. I have a rose over the whole top of my foot. Did most in one sitting, foot swelled to 3 times its size could not walk for days. It took me 3 years and some strong Vicoden to get the shading done. It goes from the top of my foot all the way up my leg to almost my knee. And of course both arms are done. If anyone has tattoo's I am sure you all have said that is it I am done. Until you see someone or watch a tattoo show and then off to the tattoo artist again. Kim 11/2004 268/150/153
tall_girl99_2000
on 4/11/07 11:43 pm - Chandler, AZ
I had never thought of getting a tattoo to celebrate my weightloss but now that I have read your post, it definitely gives me ideas to do just that. I really like the One day at a time in japanese or the butterfly maybe with a WLS on its wing. Thank you for the idea. Please share with us what you get as I know I will.
jenncarson
on 4/12/07 10:50 am - AZ
http://www.tattoojohnny.com/homepage.asp I really like this site above for tat designs. The tattoo I got about ten years ago is a dolphin. So, I want an animal theme like a lion to represent strength or a Butterfly to represent change. Then below I am going to put this verse from Corinthians in Greek (Eat, drink or whatever you do- do in the glory of God) or I may fall back on 'One Day at a Time' in a language to be determined. I am going to do it when I get the picture at 50 pounds and the verse at 100 pounds. -Jenn C. in AZ
JRinAZ
on 4/12/07 1:45 pm - Layton, UT
Hey there pretty Jenn C! YES to you on the GREAT support group idea! That sounds perfect! Hugggzzz to you! Joyce
Most Active