In Thickness and in Health...

jenncarson
on 4/9/07 3:14 pm - AZ
Now that I have reached a first weight loss benchmark-- you know when you lose enough pounds that people really notice. The reaction of my some of my peeps (fam, friends & co-workers) is so wierd. First of all, a couple of co-workers look at me wierd when I eat anything as if I'm "cheating". Do the co-workers think that we eat nothing at all after WLS or do they think that I will explode after eating yoplait at lunch? One thin friend of mine now only eats the amount that I eat when I'm around. She is thin and didn't have WLS, so why the heck is she trying to match my serving with only eating 1/2 cup of food at Applebees? Then a couple of my chubby loved ones seem annoyed that I eat with a spoon now instead of a forklift like I did prior to WLS. Hey, OH Buds---Tell me stories about wacky reactions that you have noticed following your surgery.... -Jenn C in Chandler
demonica29
on 4/10/07 2:26 am - maricopa, AZ
just wait til you get to the point where everyone starts telling you, "don't get too thin." i stand by my mother's statement of many years standing: you can never be too rich or too thin!
jenncarson
on 4/10/07 1:25 pm - AZ
You can TOTALLY be too thin. HELLO- what about... Barbie dolls Nicole Richie The Olson Twins Karen Carpenter Calista Flockhart Keira Knightly Nancy Reagan Kate Moss But, I agree- you can never be too rich...
JRinAZ
on 4/10/07 4:53 am - Layton, UT
Jenn, After losing over 100 pounds, I saw my mother for the first time since the wls. She simply said; "Oh my, look how wrinkly your face has gotten"!!! What????!!!!!!! .......Let me just say that it took no less than the rest of that day to explain to her what she SHOULD have said to me!!!!!! Congrats to you! Keeping a sense of humor is very important in ourjourney to good health! People who haven't seen me in ages still ask me if I changed my hair style......NOPE...just lost 140 pounds!!!! It's stuff to smile about afterwards! to you! Joyce BTW - My new boss (aka Dr. Gitt) will be fixing those wrinkles someday and then my mother will have to think of some new way of greeting me!
jenncarson
on 4/10/07 1:22 pm - AZ
Joyce- You are SO funny. Your response made me laugh so hard. People are so wacky. The most harsh response about my weight loss has been from my cats. They think my lap is not as cushy and soft as it used to be. They say that they have gone on match.com to look for a chubbier owner. Plus, Tess-- my plus size cat, now has a complex about her weight. She just asked me this morning if her butt looks big in her new purple cat collar. I lied but her butt looks super big in that collar. -Jenn p.s. I wish I worked for a plastic surgeon--- what a great discount to get...
Most Active