WOW Moment in Optometrist's Office!

Ramona B.
on 4/9/07 9:01 am - Phoenix, AZ
On Friday, John and I had eye exams and were fitted for both contacts and glasses. John finished his exam first and was sitting with one of the gals in the front room, going over lens options and prices. Normally, this is a one-on-one process, so all of the chairs at that desk were occupied. I went to stand behind John -- relaxed (I thought), with my arms folded in front of me. Well, the gal at the other desk in the front room looked at me, stood up and rolled her "guest" chair in my direction, saying, "I figured I'd better get you a chair -- after looking at your arms, I knew you could take me out!" You can bet that was the first topic of conversation once John and I got out of there! This was particularly rewarding since I experience the "no pain, no gain" philosophy of weight training three times a week. I also paid for the excruciating pain of having a personal trainer "work me over" for a total of 10 sessions about a month ago. Her one comment made the sweat and discomfort of working my arms at the gym completely worth it!!
JRinAZ
on 4/9/07 9:19 am - Layton, UT
Ramona that is awesome!!!! Having "fitness" compliments come our way is rare indeed!!!! ..... It gave me a lot of mileage a couple of years ago when some college guys oooohhhed and ahhhhhed over my "cut legs"!!!!! I maintained a smile on the treadmill for many months after! LOL! I haven't been able to work out my upper body (medical stuff) for a few months and have really noticed my squishy arms lately! Keep at it girlfriend! Maybe you'll decide to become a personal trainer yourself someday and help bunches of us get arms of steel!!!! You are inspiring! I"m off to the gym! Joyce
johnb_az
on 4/9/07 9:38 am - Phoenix, AZ
All I could think at the eye exam was ... YEP, thats MY wife!... Doc
JRinAZ
on 4/9/07 9:58 am - Layton, UT
Ahhhh Doc! That's the sweetest thang when a hubby brags about his wife!!!! ....... I'm sure she'll make mental note! You 2 will have to be part of my "somtime in the future" article that I want to write on all the WLS couples in AZ. There are bunches of them just in our Chandler support group and even more across the state! I think we'll have to meet sometime for an itty bitty protein meal and then take some group photos!!!! Are you 2 going to make it to the Spring Fling? Would love to meet you both! Joyce
Most Active