Support Groups In/Around Gilbert

VocalTammy
on 4/9/07 5:46 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hello! I'm moving to Gilbert, AZ the first week in May. I had my RNY on 2/8/07, and will be looking for a support group to join in that area right away. Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks, Tammy
carolem
on 4/9/07 6:08 am - Austin , TX
Hi there, I live in Gilbert, South East Gilbert, and the only one I know of that is at all close is the one at the Chandler Regional Hospital. From where I live it would be about 45 minutes. They meet in the evenings, which is okay in the spring/summer, but I don't want to go home after work to come all the way back (I work in Chandler) to the support group. It's also mainly RNY people and I'm Lap Band. Joyce on here can tell you more about it. She's part of the group.
Darlene X
on 4/9/07 7:59 am - Maricopa, AZ
45 minutes from Gilbert to Dobson & Baseline????? Where the heck do you live? LOL. It takes 30 minutes for me and I drive all the way from Maricopa.
carolem
on 4/9/07 8:21 am - Austin , TX
I kinow I live out at The Seville Golf and Country Club off Higley and Chandler Heights Road! Trust me, it takes at least 15 minutes just to get to the 202! I'm on the way to nowhere! LOL
Arizona_Sun
on 4/9/07 8:26 am - Gilbert, AZ
Oh my goodness Darlene, you look absolutely MARVELOUS!!!! WOW!!!! Great new photos. Sandy
JRinAZ
on 4/9/07 9:25 am - Layton, UT
Carole, I'm soooo bummed you haven't joined us at our support group yet! ..... How about bringing your gym clothes with you to work and doing a nice walk at one of our local parks until support group starts? Or, your Curves has a branch right down from the hospital on Dobson and Ray behind the Blockbuster. And as for being lapband vs Rny. It's not any different at support group than it is on these boards! We're all after healthy choices and certain healthy goals! I'd say that protein drinks are about our only big difference...and, some lapband programs encourage bandsters to have protein drinks to boost their protein levels. How about giving us a try on Wedsneday? I'd LOVE to meet you!!!! Huggggzzzz, Joyce P.S. I have to leave work early and drive through over an hour of traffic to make it to support group but realize that it is worth every minute in helping to keep me on track!!! PPSS....Jen and her hubby are planning on being there Weds and they both had Lapband!!! !
carolem
on 4/9/07 9:37 am - Austin , TX
Thanks Joyce, I've been wanting to meet you as well. The only reason I would go home is to get hubby, he's also lap-band. I could have him meet me there tho. Won't be this week as he's all the way up in Peoria through Wednesday in a Real Estate class for builder's. When is the next one, you meet on the 4th Tuesday as well? That should be a good one, I have a fill that day! DH and I were talking about this the other day, he is so sure he doesn't need a support group. He loves Dr. Blackstone's program (as do I) and doesn't think we have any questions. I think just meeting other people on the same journey would be worth it. I'll work on him, we'll make it yet! Thanks for your response!
JRinAZ
on 4/9/07 10:01 am - Layton, UT
Yay! I"ll look forward to seeing you at the next one! ...... Tell your hubby that we have Jen and Todd, Joyce and Jim, Darlene and E.J., Pam and Wayne and Jinnifer and John that are WLS couples in our group! You guys will fit right in!!! Joyce
Darlene X
on 4/9/07 8:02 am - Maricopa, AZ
The closest and coolest support group is the Chandler group. We meet on the 2nd Wednesday & 4th Tuesday of the month @ Chandler Regional Hospital-- its very close to Gilbert. The meetings are from 6-7.30pm and then we normally go out to dinner afterwards (For those who want to). Let us know when you get here and we can send you all the info! Keep an eye out for the support group meeting posts on here from Joyce.
VocalTammy
on 4/9/07 8:13 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Ladies - thanks for the info! I'm so excited to get active in an active support group! Thanks again for all of your responses. I'll be there by May 1st!! So - I'll start working the groups into my calendar! Thanks again! Tammy
Most Active