Weight loss program through SBC

beckipoohbear
on 4/9/07 2:48 am - AZ
Has anyone completed the weight loss program offered through Dr. Blackstone's office? I have just received my insurance criteria and I have to complete the 6 month weight loss program and am trying to decide whether to use my primary care or SBC's program. Also, those who had to complete the 6 month diet, did you start working with the surgeon's office during that time period or did you wait until the end? Thanks!
Susanbs4
on 4/9/07 4:12 am
I did mine through Dr Blackstone's office but I only had a 3mth requirement. It was more expensive than just paying a copay at my PCP office but I wanted to be sure everything was worded the way the insurance company wanted it. I used the 3 mths to start my other appointments. The pulmonologist took forever ( or so it seemed) to be able to get me in. I was able to get everything done and the paperwork in at the end of the 3 mths. Good luck
Nicole W.
on 4/9/07 6:06 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I did my 6 months pre-op with my PCP.
(deactivated member)
on 4/9/07 6:13 am - AZ
I did mine with SBC, pretty much everything was covered for me at 90% plus my office copays....and my paperwork was submitted to Cigna on Thursday and I was approved on Monday.....it was so worth it they know how to word everyting.....Oh and during 6 mo I did not lose any weight, it's more of preparing you for after the surgery....I did not want my bmi to fall below 40....good luck!!! Erin
beckipoohbear
on 4/9/07 7:52 am - AZ
Erin... So you insurance actually covered part of the diet program through SBC? I was wondering if they would simply b/c of the way SBC listed the diet program as costing a flat $500 for the 6 months, plus the nutiritionist. My insurance seems to have pretty good coverage (except the surgery itself!) so they may cover the diet visits then. Did you have your initial consulation w/ Dr. Blackstone before you completed the 6 month diet? Rebecca
Most Active