New to AZ. Lapband support in PHX?

lapband_man
on 4/4/07 2:47 am - Charlotte, NC
Hi, all. I have just moved to Phoenix. I had lapband surgery 5/23/05. I am struggling and need some support with my weight loss. I am eating big plates of food, making bad choices, not exercising, drinking fluids with my meals. I have scheduled an appt w/ Dr. Simpson here in PHX but I am looking for a support group in PHX.
carolem
on 4/4/07 7:31 am - Austin , TX
Welcome to Phoenix, I understand the Chandler Regional Hospital has an excellent support group going on the 2nd Wednesday and 4th Tuesday evening from 6 to 7:30 and afterwards they go out to dinner. It's located between Frye and Dobson off the San Tan Frwy You go in the east enterance by ER, take the elevator to the lower level, turn towards pharmacy an it's in conference room 1 and 2. I've never been there, I work in Chandler and live in Southeast Gilbert, so unless my husband met me there I wouldn't want to come all the way back. We are both lap-band. We follow or program pretty close, we're Dr. Robin Blackstone patients and frankly we haven't really felt the need for a support group. My hubby's surgery was 11/06/06 and mine was 1/26/07. He's lost 60+ pounds and I'm down 36 now and we've both lost lots of inches, we're exercising including riding bikes, maybe not well, but we're making the effort anyway. Definately do not drink with your meals, you'll not stay full, and you probably need a fill if you can eat big plates of food. Neither of us could, even if we wanted to! I don't know how many people are lap-band at the Chandler group, but it shouldn't really matter. PM me with your email address if you want to talk to my husband, he loves to tell people about his amazing success. He's the outgoing one of the two of us!
carolem
on 4/4/07 8:36 am - Austin , TX
Forums » LAP-BAND® System Weight Loss Surgery Forum » Message Board » GET BACK ON TRACK!!!... Topic: GET BACK ON TRACK!!! ( A tip thread, ple... Author Message Wendell_Edwards Aberdeen, WA William D. Neal, M.D., FACS Lap Band (09/13/04) Member Since: 06/22/06 [Latest Posts] Post Date: 4/4/07 3:33 pm I don't believe in beating people up. Most people with a Lap-Band experience "Rough Spots" and the purpose of this thread is to help these people out, not to beat them up. So, what do YOU think are the critical items to do when a person finds themselves "Off Track"? The pat answer would be to "Follow the bandster guidelines", so please don't put that down as an answer. ************************************************************************************************* Here's my contribution: When was the last time you got a fill? Sometimes the slightest fill amount makes a huge difference. At this point in my journey, my fill amounts are very small, just .1CC. (One-tenth of a CC) My friend Christy gets fills of .05CC (One half of one-tenth of a CC) In both of our experiences, that tiny amount of fill makes the difference between effective restriction and no restriction. So if you need to get "BACK ON TRACK" my advice would be to have your doctor evaluate you fill, no matter HOW LONG it's been since you have been to the doctor. ************************************************************************************** Now it's your turn. What advice do you have to help people "GET BACK ON TRACK!" "Greetings from the Rainforest" ~*I Am A "Bulk-Overeater", Not A "Food Addict"*~ My starting B.M.I. was 73.2 INAMED's toll free number is 1-800-766-0171 INAMED'S Product Data Sheet is HERE: http://www.allerganandinamed.com/pdf/health/94163_04_LB_Product_Data_Sheet.pdf Come and climb " Mount Normal " with me: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/LapBand/action,replies/board_id,5359/topic_id,3068615/ca t_id,4959/a,messageboard/ New People, please click on these links: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/lapband/a,messageboard/action,replies/board_id,5359/cat_ id,4959/topic_id,3237877/ Lap-Band 101, the basic questions http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/lapband/a,messageboard/action,replies/board_id,5359/cat_ id,4959/topic_id,3237878/ Lap-Band 102, the Advanced Course
Candi Y.
on 4/5/07 2:18 pm - Cottonwood, AZ
Welcome - Your going to the right DOC and he offers great support groups, has a great website and offers PODCASTS that are great! If you dont mind me asking did you make goal with your weight loose and have you been gaining back? I am new Bander as of 3/14 so I have just started my journey! Good Luck and stay in touch!!
Most Active