Pre-Op questions

dispatcheraz
on 4/3/07 6:52 am - Prescott, AZ
I have my consultation with Dr. Juarez in May. Am I supposed to take my medical records with me even though I am in the middle of the 6 month supervised diet with my PCP or do I wait until that's over to have my appointment? Does my PCP send me for the Pre-Op tests or do I work on that with Dr. Juarez office? Thanks!
pwrightt
on 4/3/07 1:37 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
HI Kerri: I had my surgery with Dr. Juarez and first let me tell you he is fantastic. OK take all your paperwork but make copies of everything. Things have a tendency to get lost. The hospital will schedule your pre-op testing. I went to St.Lukes and it was done in one day. I actually thought it was harder then the operation. Dr. Juarez will also want a cardiac, pulmonary and pysch clearance. More then likely you will go to Dr.Maxwell for the pysch. For the cardiac you will have to schedule that with your own doctor. While I was doing my pre-op they asked me at that time if I had a pulmonary clerance which I believe they would have also done. Once again make copies of all your paperwork especially those clearances. Good luck on your journey Pam
dispatcheraz
on 4/3/07 1:42 pm - Prescott, AZ
So it's okay to continue my appointment with him before my supervised 6 months is up? If I am already seeing a psych do you think he can do my eval? I should probably call and talk to someone in Dr. Juarez office huh?
pam S.
on 4/5/07 4:22 pm - Mesa, AZ
I would definitely get the ball rolling with the surgeon. There will be so many other things you will need to take care of, that you will need the extra time. This way you can get in some stuff at the same time as your 6 month diet. I agree with getting good copies of all your paperwork. You also might want to review what your doctor is sending over and everything that's being sent over. My doctor missed some things that caused delays.
Most Active