Easter and Passover Food?

jenncarson
on 4/1/07 12:07 pm - AZ
Speaking of Easter, let's share some tips about dealing with holiday food. Anyone have good tips on dealing with family get togethers and celebrations. Those darn deviled eggs... Jenn C in Chandler
desert rat
on 4/1/07 12:26 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Well Jenn, only cuz you mentioned those darn deviled eggs... I volunteer to make them. Then I make them with low fat mayo and nobody knows the difference. Deviled eggs are actually really easy to hide low fat mayo in because they have so many other flavors like mustard or pickle juice or spices. Just experiment until you have a flavor you like. Another holiday standard in my family is pistachio salad or Watergate salad. You know; the green fluff stuff. Well, here again, I volunteer to make it and then I use the sugar free pudding and the fat free cool whip and still nobody is the wiser. As for the ham or lamb, portion control is the secret and the fact that we have a built in portion controller makes everything that much easier. Good luck and stay out of the jelly beans! Dj
jenniebr
on 4/1/07 3:42 pm - queen creek, AZ
Hey Jenn, Deviled Eggs are ok use plain ff yogurt (strain in a coffee filter for a mayo like texture), I add powdered dry mustard for a nice kick and whatever else you like.... Lamb is a regular at the Bradshaw house, I grill it and trim it well, chew chew chew! A good cut will be very tender! I don't eat much ham, kinda dry and can get stuck easy. Avoid the high fat foods and try fruit and salads if you feel like eating too much! You will do fine, you may find you are not tempted! Good Luck and call if you need anything, Jen
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/07 12:34 pm - AZ
I am making quiche, I make mine with sauteed onions, mushrooms and red pepper and mix the egg with 1% milk....top with shreeded swiss cheese. I will not be eating the crust however. Quiche is my Easter sunday brunch tradition...love it with a nice fruit salad. .... Erin in Peoria
Most Active