Did a 5K this morning... sort of

lemarie22
on 4/1/07 10:57 am - Glendale, AZ
My sister and I started out this morning to do a 5K for the Safe Baby Haven program where young mothers can drop infants off at hospitals, churches or firehouses with no questions asked. Beats finding the babies in dumpsters. Anyway, we started out with the pack and were falling behind as usual because we were gabbing, as usual. After a while, we noticed that there were no other runners around and we figured we had just fallen way behind or were way ahead (fat chance). We persevered and before too long, we were coming across the finish line... the wrong way. Imagine the looks on the other runners faces as they looked up at the Finish Line only to see us running towards them. Obviously we zigged when we should have zagged, but I have no idea where we went wrong or how far we traveled. We have another 5K in 2 weeks to raise funds for a literacy program. I wonder if there's a 5K for the directionally impaired. Connie
desert rat
on 4/1/07 12:31 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Oh Connie! That sounds like something I would do! They need to have bigger signs, huh? At least you did some walking. Have you got a good pedometer so you know how many steps? You need to get one, that way it all counts, regardless of which direction you went when you got them. Enjoy the next walk... Dj
lemarie22
on 4/2/07 10:05 am - Glendale, AZ
Dj, Well, I thought I knew exactly how far I would be walking before I got derailed. The pedometer is an excellent idea and I'll take one on the next adventure. I'm camping in Havasupai in June and I think I'll take one on that hike also so I can see exactly how many steps it takes to cover 10 miles. Connie
desert rat
on 4/2/07 12:16 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Just file this info and when you do your walk, let me know if it's correct: My pedometer says that 2000 steps equals 1 mile. Enjoy your 10 mile hike. Even with the amount I walk, I doubt that I could do ten miles all at once. Dj
JRinAZ
on 4/1/07 12:46 pm - Layton, UT
Weigh 2 go girlfriend! You probably lapped them 2 or 3 times! You totally rock! ......It's all about the "cause" and the good conversation. Who cares if you follow the correct path! finish lines are overrated! BTW! You have been missed! Where ya been hidin??? Joyce
lemarie22
on 4/2/07 10:48 am - Glendale, AZ
Joyce, I doubt very much that I lapped anybody. lol I've been in remodel hell the last 6 weeks or so. Against my better judgement, I hired someone to do a bathroom remodel because I thought they could do it faster than me. WRONG. We are now 6 weeks into what I was told was a 2 day job. I even did all the tile work myself because it was faster. The wiring was done wrong and last week we blew the power on the whole West side of the house. I just got power back today, but it's still not wired right so the Jacuzzi tub isn't running yet. Arrrgghhhh! Other than that, just busy with living life. Between working on my yard and my mother's as well as painting my sister's house and finishing a couple of stained glass panels, I've stayed pretty busy. I'm trying to slow down so hopefully, I'll be on line a little more often. Connie
Most Active