Obsessing on food

princessdjwm
on 3/31/07 12:56 pm - AZ
I had my lap band surgery on March 12 and have been doing great weight wise - I've lost 18 lbs. Only problem is I'm obsessing on food. Just to be able to chew normal food. I'm now able to eat creamy soups but that doesn't seem to be cutting the obsessing. I'm not quite sure what to do. Any ideas?
JRinAZ
on 3/31/07 1:28 pm - Layton, UT
Hey Diane,, Here's some thoughts: 1. Get busy! Seriously.....find things to fill your time and your mind! 2. Can you chew gum? Sometimes our mouth is just missing some seirous chewing! I know some WLS post-ops actually did some chewing and spitting down the drain. I know that sounds extreme but maybe you just need a good crunchy carrot? But DO NOT swallow! Ouch!!! 3. How bout some spicey food instead of the cream of crappy stuff? Can you have runny refried beans with a tad bit of salsa? I used to go through Boston Market's drive through. Buy a cup of the chicken tortilla soup, run it through the blender, strain off the stringy lthings and enjoy some powerful flavors! Yum! 4. Exercise some patience! This stage will be over before you know it!!!! Hang in there! Becoming a LOSER is a journey! Joyce
princessdjwm
on 3/31/07 2:22 pm - AZ
Hey Joyce, Thank you so much for your reply to my obbsessing on food. I will try your suggestions and hopefully this will pass QUICKLY! Thanks again.
Candi Y.
on 4/2/07 2:05 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Hey Diane - I sure do know what you mean, had my Lapband on 3/14 Doc SImpson and ya know what it's called "HEAD HUNGER" and boy I didn't think of the mental battle we'll go through, but it sure is a fight at times!! I pretty much got through the surgery with No Problems, so after a week DOc said I could start normal diet, just 4oz and that for sure is helping me, but I still fight MY HEAD, like Joyce said keep busy, its worse when I am just hangin around house and thats when I'll chew gum or suck on sugar-free suckers, but most of the time I have to go and do soemthing cause its a hard fight........ I did learn about this fight when I quit smoking, took a while but WE CAN DO IT!!! If your OK with it, I might have my friend write you about your Doc, she is considering Mexico and I told her I think your DOc one of the best there! GOOD LUCK and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! Candi
Most Active