Shopping Experience

vquigley
on 3/28/07 1:10 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone, After reading Earl's post about his WOW moment I decided to share mine. I had surgery July 31 and am down 100 pounds (keep trying to get below that 100 mark but the scale isn't cooperating). Well, anyway I have been wearing 24-26 slacks to work and they were realllllly getting baggy so I decided to shop at my favorite store (Catherine's -- not). I picked two different sizes, 22 and 20 to try on in two different styles. Lo and behold the 22's were too big! Was I thrilled! Ended up buying an 18 in one style ('cause they fit!!!) and 20 in the other style. I was so excited because I don't think I have worn size 18 in over 35 years (I know, I'm giving my age away) but I don't care--I feel wonderful! And another WOW moment for me occurred a couple of weeks ago. Well, for years I have driven my car with the seat as far back as it would go. We went to Tucson to spend the day and I realized that I was having a hard time reaching the pedals and decided maybe I could move my seat forward. So I have gone from my tummy rubbing the steering wheel to actually having space between me and the steering wheel and moving the seat forward. I'm loving my new life, Virginia
desert rat
on 3/28/07 1:51 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Virginia, I feel your pain! You know the height difference between Earl & me?...well, I've always kept the car seat as far back as it would go, too. But in the last few months, I've found that while my legs still reach the pedals, my arms don't reach the steering wheel comfortably. I told Earl that I either needed to move the seat up, or put a pillow behind me! I had never really realized how much of a pillow I was carrying around "behind" me. Aren't these WOW moments great!? Dj
LeAnne G.
on 3/28/07 11:18 pm - Goodyear, AZ
How exciting!!! I can't wait to see you at our next meeting Hugs, LeAnne
MacArthurBug
on 3/30/07 3:08 pm - KY
Virginia! yay I'm so happy for you! I'd been wondering how you'd been doing! And lo and behold we're wearing the same size! I too am at last in a size 18. It's amazing to me simply being able to go into just about any store and find something that not only fits but looks pretty good too! I'm so glad you're enjoying your new lease on life! ~Amber
Ramona B.
on 4/2/07 3:29 am - Phoenix, AZ
It is amazing to realize how much impact our additional weight has on how we like to position our car seats, isn't it? A few years back, I indulged in my very first brand new car, a Suburban with supremely frivolous options like programmable seat positions for Driver 1 (me) and Driver 2 (John). At my height (5'9"), I still prefer the seat as far back as it can go, but now I don't want quite the angle of recline that I used to like (probably because I don't need the "tummy room" that I used to), plus I want my knees to be a little more bent, so they're closer to the steering wheel. Unfortunately, I've forgotten how to program the seat positions (did it once when the car was still shiny new), so now I have to readjust every time I get in the car! Your self control on shopping trips humbles me. I went WAAYY overboard whenever my clothes started getting too big and bought more than I should have in the "on the way to my permanent size" phase. Now I have two big storage tubs full of clothes that are too big for me. I keep thinking I'll have them altered "someday" but haven't done anything about it yet. You should feel wonderful! Congratulations on seeing the results of all your hard work!
Most Active