WOW moment!

Earl J.
on 3/28/07 7:58 am - AZ
Well, I guess it was bound to happen. I am 7 weeks post-op as of Monday and so far I'm down 58 pounds (woo-hoo!). But what's even more significant, in my mind, is that Monday I had 2 links removed from my watchband!! This is the watch I received from the City of Phx last summer as my 15-year service award and I had to send it back to New York before I even wore it so they could add 2 links. Now I've had them removed. It's funny now that the watch with the extra length band that I ordered from King Size a year or so ago is set at its smallest size, is still to big, and has been relegated to wear while I do yard work, etc. Sooo, at least my wrist is down to normal size! I can't wait for some of the rest of me to catch up! ej
johnb_az
on 3/28/07 9:10 am - Phoenix, AZ
Love those WOW moments. Great job Earl.
tall_girl99_2000
on 3/28/07 9:37 am - Chandler, AZ
Isn't it cool that the smallest things to some people, can make us feel so good. That's pretty much what happened with my wedding ring. It has gone down 2 sizes but when I went to the jeweler to get it down sized, he told me to wait until all my weight loss was complete so I wouldn't have to come back if it went down again. I love WOW moments!! Keep up the good work!
vquigley
on 3/28/07 12:56 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Earl, That is wonderful! I love those WOW moments. I ended up asking Santa for a brand new watch because my old one was too big. Look forward to seeing you at support group sometime soon! Virginia
Nicole W.
on 3/28/07 3:39 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Congrats! I love the "wow" moments. I have a Tiffany's bracelet that I got for my anniversary at my job and I had to have a inch added to it when I got it. It now falls off my wrist/hand by itself. All my watches are loose on me and so are my rings. It's amazing on how the small things make you feel so good. 58lbs is awesome and I am jealous! It took me almost 4 months to lose that! Again... congrats! ~Nicole
LeAnne G.
on 3/28/07 11:22 pm - Goodyear, AZ
How cool!!!! Congrat's!!!! LeAnne
AZdove
on 3/29/07 2:15 am - Tolleson, AZ
I am amazed at 58 pounds in 7 weeks! I hit my 7 weeks yesterday and I am only down 33.4 pounds! I have had a small WOW moment this week however. I was going through my closet to see if I had any clothes that had been a little tight that I could put on to see how much room I now would have due to my 33 pound loss. I came across the shirt I was wearing the day my divorce was final in 1996! I almost cried when I slipped it on and believe it or not it fits better today than it did then! I just joined a gym yesterday so I am hoping that my weight loss will accelerate some.
Ramona B.
on 3/30/07 3:48 am - Phoenix, AZ
Congratulations! I also had to have several links removed from my watch -- but certainly not at the 7 week post-op point! I guess it's a matter of perception, but I never thought my fingers and wrists were all that "beefy" even at my heaviest. Obviously, when we gain weight, it goes everywhere ;-) Keep up the good work -- looking forward to seeing the progress at the next support meeting.
Most Active