Does anyone have Humana Insurance??

Menasco
on 3/27/07 12:43 pm - Mesa, AZ
I'm wanting to get Lap-Band surgery, but my insurance says I need 6 months of medically supervised weight loss. I've been trying to lose weight for 10 years. I don't want to wait any longer. I've got very serious sleep apnea, and I feel like crap every day. I've heard there are ways to get around Humana's 6 month waiting period. Does anyone have any info on how to get past the waiting period. Thanks
pwrightt
on 3/27/07 1:42 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Eric: I have Humana Choice Care Plus. My surgery was completly paid for last year. I was not required to have 6 months of a supervised diet. But now I have heard from others at work that Humana has changed their requirements. Before they did not require 6 months of a medically supervised weight loss. They do now. I don't believe there are any ways to get around this. I work for an insurance company and requirements are requirements. Gather all your paperwork that shows you have dieted. With insurance paperwork is your friend. You will be surprised how fast 6 months go by. Even without the 6 month waiting time this is not a fast process. You will have clearances and testing to do before you can get operated on. It will be well worth the wait Good luck on your journey Pam
Most Active