Help with PCP in Tucson

lstabenow
on 3/27/07 2:03 am
Help! I actually live in Show Low and there doesn't seem to be any doctor who knows anything about wls up here. I thought that since I will be visiting Tucson often, then I might have a better chance of finding a doctor! I had rny in 2/2001, lost alot (120)and have now been gaining it back (70 lbs) for the last 3 years. My current insurance doesn't pay for anything having to do with wls, so I'm hoping to find a regular PCP who knows alot!! BTW - I had my surgery when I lived in Indiana and moved from there 7 months after surgery to live here. No support groups or anything here! Thanks for any info! Linda
tall_girl99_2000
on 3/27/07 4:16 pm - Chandler, AZ
You might want to find out the name of a WLS surgeon in Tucson, then call them and ask them if they can refer you to a PCP who knows alot about wls. I'm sure they must have names of doctors who have made referrals to them for a possible candidate. Good Luck
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 3/27/07 11:39 pm - Tucson, AZ
Linda I had my surgery in Sep 06 and my PCP is Dr. Lionel Duarte. Dr. Bergel is another doctor that is recommended on the TUSWLS group site. I would recommend either one of them in Tucson.
Most Active