Question about protein powder......

alligatorpgr
on 3/26/07 2:52 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
I was reading somewhere (maybe on another board) that protein powder loses it's potency quickly after being mixed with a liquid ingredient. Does anyone know if this is true and if so, how long after you mix the protein up do you have to drink it????? Alli
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 3/26/07 11:50 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi Alli I was told 30 minutes. Becky
CK777
on 3/27/07 3:48 am - Avondale, AZ
Hi Alli Vitalady.com has a lot of good information on protein and other great information as well, you can also order samples from her. Here is what that website says about mixing up protein ahead of time: "The daily doses can be pre-measured dry; however, mixing the powder with liquid ahead of time can cause a loss of protein value and an accumulation of bacteria. " It also says this about protein: Most people can absorb only about 30 grams at one time. Gastric bypass patients may absorb even less. The recommended "dose" is approximately 30 grams. Taking double doses won't hurt, it just costs more. We do not get the benefit of the larger dose. No one (except professional athletes) can absorb more than approximately 30 grams at one time. Hope this helps. Cathy - who is now in ONEDERLAND at 192!!
alligatorpgr
on 4/3/07 11:49 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Cathy, thanks so much for the info, and congratualtions on your weight loss!!!! Save me a seat on the loser's bench, my surgery is May 9th !!! Alli
Most Active