Nauseated

pinetree
on 3/26/07 4:35 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi to all! Tomorrow I will be 5 weeks post-op and down 30 lbs . Just had a check-up with Dr. last week, said all is going fine and that being nauseated and having smell sensitivity is not unusual for some patients. I am so tired of being nauseated and the smell of everything turning my stomach . Can someone share with me your experience with these two effects and how long it lasted? PT
Nicole W.
on 3/26/07 4:50 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Congrats on surgery and the weight loss! I had a very strong smell sensitivity for a few months... I could probably smell a cigarette from a people in a few cars in front of me... with my windows closed! It has gotten better over the last few months. I didnt experience nausea at all. There is a medication to help with the nausea thou, I forget the name... Maybe someone else will post it up. Hope you feel better.
Susanbs4
on 3/26/07 5:31 am
Congratulations on the weight loss....I was very aware of smells for about 2 months...it did get better.... I really didn't have alot of nausea after I left the hospital but peppermint tea helped when I did.. Good luck on your journey.
desert rat
on 3/26/07 11:20 am - Goodyear, AZ
Hi PT The smell sensitivity was really bad for me. I had surgery in July and the air conditioned air smelled so bad to me that I made my husband change the air filter every two weeks all summer long!! The nausea wasn't too bad for me most of the time but when it was, I also sipped pepermint tea and/or sucked on sugar free popcicles or crushed ice. I think the worst of it was over within a month so hopefully you're coming to the end of this particular phase. This process sort of reminds me of having a baby; each time you get into a stage you don't like, it's over quickly and you move on to something else. I'm approaching my 2-year surgiversary and I am still discovering new and exciting things! Hang in there, it really does get better. Dj
Most Active