OT-- Baby Shower Cake Pic's

Darlene X
on 3/24/07 1:24 am - Maricopa, AZ
I am sooo nervous about this cake. I hope the lady likes it. I won't be able to est until it's delivered and they say it tasted good!!! For anyone who wants to see, my latest creation--- The Pooh baby Shower Cake... http://imageevent.com/endkennels/cakes/babybridalshower
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 3/24/07 3:44 am - Tucson, AZ
Darlene the Pooh cake is adorable. I took a gander at some of your newer creations and you are so talented. The bridal shower cake is so cute. That would be a good cake for a man too.
moirap
on 3/24/07 3:06 pm - Mesa, AZ
The cakes are beautiful. You are so talented. and they look yummy too great job Moira
ginaq56
on 3/25/07 3:08 am
The cake is adorable!!!! Who in their right mind could not love it???? You are off to becoming a major success with your cakes. Congratulations. Hugs, Gina
(deactivated member)
on 3/25/07 11:49 am - AZ
Darlene they are sooooo cute!!!!!!!!! I love that cake...Just curious what does a cake like that cost??? I think I asked you before is it a hobby or do you do it professionally?? Great Job...Erin
Darlene X
on 3/26/07 1:12 am - Maricopa, AZ
Yeah you did ask me before LOL. I just do it as a hobby. Not professionally. Mostly make cakes for friends, family.. people by word of mouth etc.. That specific cake was 8" & 6" (Feeds approx 30), with a hand made fondant figure... would be about $60.
Darlene X
on 3/26/07 1:15 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks guys! I appreciate the feed back.. Im always so nervous about my cakes haha. I have a busy week ahead of me... Im practicing the 16" tier of the wedding cake Im making for Joyce's daughter.... Ive never worked with a cake that large before, hence Im practicing before the wedding so Im ready for it!
JRinAZ
on 3/26/07 1:49 am - Layton, UT
HEy there my Cake Decorating sweetie pie! What's up with the practice run? I have complete confidence in your cake talent! But...if this practice one is perfect then maybe you could just find a very large freezer and put it away for the real deal! ??? Hugggzz to you! Joyce
Darlene X
on 3/26/07 3:16 am - Maricopa, AZ
Im not freezing the cake silly!!! I need a practice run, I want the wedding to be perfect! The biggest cake Ive done is a 9x13 so I need to practice a 16x16 to make sure I can deal with a large tier, and I have all my bases covered! EJ's Aunt wants cake anyway, so it will be eaten
desert rat
on 3/26/07 11:37 am - Goodyear, AZ
Darlene, I love all of your cakes...especially both of the pink and purple ones. Are you self taught or did you take classes? My mom and grandmother took a class together years ago. My mom got to be pretty good but poor grandma didn't have any talent! I'd really like to learn how to do this. I especially like the fondant look but that wasn't covered in my mom's class. Maybe I can pick your brain a little at the Spring Fling? Keep on rockin', you're doing great! Dj
Most Active