Constantly full

Garrett N.
on 3/23/07 3:21 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Ok here is the problem, I feel fine but when I try eating I feel full after only a bite or two of jello. Its not a sick feeling just a really full feeling. This is the first day out of the hospital so not sure what to expect. If thats normal or no...
nicoleaz
on 3/23/07 7:19 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Garrett At 17 days out, I'm still a newb myself...so hopefully others will respond. In the hospital and during the first 5 days or so after surgery, I wasn't able to eat much at all. I never felt "belt-busting" full, but never felt hungry and the thought of eating didn't appeal to me in the slightest. I'm 17 days out now and eating about 2-3 oz of food, often feeling satisfied by the 3rd or 4th bite of food. I think what you're experiencing is totally normal, but I would probably get in touch with someone if you feel you can't eat anything at all. Don't forget getting the liquids in, they are paramount to our success! Congrats on taking the step - it gets better every day! Nicole
JRinAZ
on 3/24/07 12:48 am - Layton, UT
Congrats Garrett! You are the proud owner of a new tool !!!!! Reli**** be kind to it, nurture and nouri****and be very very appreciative of it as your weight melts off by the big numbers!!!!! I used to refer to my pouch as my "joey" ....so my daughter started calling me Mama Marceupio (sp?) as in Kangaroo type creature with a pouch!!!! She still (4 years later) lovingly calls me that when she calls from college! .....Gotta love that new plumbing! As time passes, you'll have more capacity, feel a bit emptier, eat a bit more normal and eventually you'll long for this very day when 2 bites of jello did it for you! Keep your protein grams high and you'll heal quickly and have energy spillling all over the place! Loser's Rock!!!! Joyce
ginaq56
on 3/24/07 3:14 am
Hi there! I had surgery 1/23/07 and still feel that way after my two ounces. Sometimes only two bites fills me up. As Joyce advised, still up on the protein and you should be fine. I still rely on my smoothies and bars to make sure I get my protein all in. And, there are days when I can snack (on food that is good for us) all day long and I don't need as much of the smoothies. I am finding that it is all a learning process and learning to listen to my new pouch. I'm sure that you are doing just fine! Hugs, Gina
M. clarke
on 3/24/07 6:57 pm
Garrett Congrats on your surgery. I think it is perfectly normal to feel the way you feel. I was only able to eat one or two baby spoons of jello also for the first week. My follow up class was 8 days after my surgery and even then when we were allowed to add back in proteins I couldn't eat more then two little nibbles and I had zero appetite. It took me another week after we were allowed to eat some proteins to actually feel like eating. Are you feeling physically full or just have no appetite? My doctor recommended measuring food especially during the first month as our new pouches don't really feel much so it's easy for us to under eat or overeat during this time. It may take you a few months to build up to eating a full 3 ounces at one meal. That is why the protein drinks are so crucial at first. Again congrats on your surgery! Keep us posted on your progress!
Garrett N.
on 3/25/07 12:36 am - Phoenix, AZ
Well I am doing better I realized that my reason for feeling full was gas . Picked up some of those gas-ex strips and they worked wonders. Still not really able to eat a whole lot, and still have some pain (very minor) but other than that I am feeling MUCH better. The only thing is that were they kept giving me my shots in my stomach is bruised, swollen and red. But, could very well be normal considering they were darn near using it as a dart board
AZdove
on 3/26/07 5:04 am - Tolleson, AZ
I had surgery on 2/7/07 and have not experienced hunger yet! I also have an issue with feeling full all of the time...not unpleasantly...but never wanting to eat. I am almost 7 weeks post op and have only lost 32 pounds so far. I had hoped to be nearing the 40 pound mark by now, but I will keep on trying. I have been incredibly busy at work (I am a computer analyst) so I have really limited my activity. Today I am going to join a gym (I have a free 3 day pass!) and plan on using that to increase my loss. I am not sure if I ever will feel hungry again. I know I long for the time when I can drink water in something other than a tiny sip at a time. Living in Arizona one of the pleasures during the warm time is having a mouthful of cold water run down your throat. Perhaps in time.
Most Active