Unexpectedly Nervous

Mikkilynn
on 3/22/07 8:32 am - Mesa, AZ
Hello All - I've read many posts about how people start to get nervous as their surgery date approaches. But didn't think that would happen to me, because I was very confident in my decision to get this surgery. But now that it's nearing, I do find myself not only nervous but anxious, excited and last weekend even second guessing my decision for RNY instead of the lapband. Even though I know that it's completely normal to have a wide range of emotions going into major surgery, I just never expected it to be this intense. Anyway, I am still above all very excited but the days just seem to be drag on and on. It's been such a long journey and can't wait to start my new life on April 9th! I think that I have everything done except of course to pack for the hospital. Does anyone know if St Lukes gives you a splinting pillow to use or do I need to bring one myself? Michelle
JRinAZ
on 3/22/07 12:51 pm - Layton, UT
Michelle, Skinny wishes to you for an uneventful surgery and an amazing wake up to the healthy side of life!!!! Take a deep breath and dream of shopping shopping shopping!!!!! Hugggzz to you! Joyce P.S. Take your own comfy coughing pillow!
ginaq56
on 3/22/07 4:56 pm
Hi Michelle, All you are feeling is so normal. As far as the pillow, I took my own that I was comfortable with. I ended up using a throw pillow that decorates our bed as it was nice and firm and fit my belly just right. Hugs, Gina
Most Active