Anyone have Tri-Care Prime??

Renna
on 3/22/07 6:13 am - Pleasant View, TN
I am starting the process. Don't know anyone else with Tricare that has had this (RNY) done. I have my psych, thyroid and sleep study either scheduled or done. Anything else I should expect? How long did it take after your first appointment with the surgeon. I am soo ready to get this ball rolling. Did anyone NOT get approved with Tri-care? I heard they were really supportive of this procedure. Anyhoo, Thanks! I have really learned alot from reading these posts! Renna
vquigley
on 3/22/07 2:11 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Renna, Yes, I have Tricare Prime and had no problem getting approved as I had all the co-morbidities that go along with obesity. According to their web site (and I'm going on memory here--haven't checked it recently) in order for them to approve surgery you have to have at least two co-morbidities. They do not pay for lapband surgery (at least they didn't a year ago). I actually started the process in December, had to switch surgeons in February and had surgery in July. Good luck to you, Virginia P.S. Had surgery July 31 and am down 100 pounds.
JRinAZ
on 3/22/07 11:52 pm - Layton, UT
Virginia!!!!! You are a Century Club member girlfirend!!!! How come that little bit of info was your P.S. ????? LOL!!! You should be posting that as your headliner!!!! I'm doing a Happy Dance in Chandler for you! I think you need to post a new pic soon! Whaddya think????? : High Fives! Congrats! and Big Huggggzzz to you! Joyce
vquigley
on 3/23/07 11:54 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks, Joyce, I needed that especially after today. I spent all afternoon nursing my poor pouch as it didn't like what I had for lunch, about 6 bites of salad and 2 bites of a sandwich. So . . . tonight I had some soup and I'm going to tread very softly until it feels better. And yes, I have been thinking for several months now that I need to get a new picture posted. I'll see if I can get someone in my family to take a pic -- then the trick is to get it on line. Thanks again, Virginia
Most Active