Joyce, hoped to see you!

HarleyGirl
on 3/21/07 7:22 am - Maricopa, AZ
I saw your post about working for Dr. Gitt now. I have been seeing him, and after all the insurance woes have been taken care of I will be having surgery on April 13th. I didn't reply to your employment post, congratulations. Thought I would get a chance to meet you today but he said you were not in. He really is a good guy. He went to bat for me with my ins and got the panni & hernia repair approved. I would recommend anyone who is looking into PS to give him a try. His office knew from the beginning that I could not justify for myself spending $ on cosmetic work. What I appreciated most was that there was no pressure about self pay and the office still went to bat for ins. approval and got it. I really appreciated that. Hope I get the chance to meet you. Paula Open RNY 4/1/4 330/200/still working at it!
JRinAZ
on 3/21/07 9:32 am - Layton, UT
I'm bummed Paula that I missed you! But.....I'll definitely be there on the 13th! Wooooo Hooooooooo!!!!! I'll bet you're sooooo excited! You are so right about Dr. Gitt and his office bunch! They totally rock! In fact, they are giving me ample time off to get my daughter's May wedding all organized! So, if you miss me on another visit; I am most likely off paying for flowers or ordering food or hunting for the perfect mother's dress .......the list is long! LOL! You should be in for a pre-op so I'll definitely get to meet you soon. Are you protein loading???? Push the protein while you're waiting for surgery so that your healing is quick, painless and Beeee U tiful!!!! looking forward to April 13th and meeting you!!! Joyce
HarleyGirl
on 3/21/07 9:38 am - Maricopa, AZ
Did all my pre op today. I will be there at 11:30 on the 13th with surg scheduled for 12:30! I'm a protein and vitamin junkie so I think I am set with that. I bounce back pretty quick. When I had my WLS it was done on a Thurs and I was back at work on Monday. The same was true when I had my BR. High tolerance for pain, and good healing genes or just crazy! Look forward to meeting you too. Paula
Linda S.
on 3/22/07 12:22 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Am saving this valuable info for future use. Thanks, my tummy is headed for my knees. Congrats to you!
JRinAZ
on 3/22/07 12:32 pm - Layton, UT
I hear you Linda! LOL! ......Our weight loss journey seems to effect many of us like a giant candle....we melt from the top down and it all kind of pools around the bases of our various body parts! .... A little nip and tuck can do amazing things! Thanks for the congrats! It's already been such a magical experience. Seeing people's immediate transformations is more fun than being locked in a room full of Hershey's!!!!! Hugggzz to you! Joyce
MARY OTU
on 3/22/07 8:19 am - PHOENIX, AZ
All, So how do we go about trying to get insurance to pay for ps? Mine says they will NOT cover any ps as a result of wls/weight loss. Any suggestions? If self pay what kind of $$ are wee looking at for a tt and Breast lift? Anyone know? Joyce? Mary
JRinAZ
on 3/22/07 12:47 pm - Layton, UT
Hiya girlfriend! Getting insurance coverage sometimes takes the right type of billing. I don't think any insurance would just cover p.s. as a reward for our weight loss. BUT....there are some issues that many people may have as a result of their weight loss that insurance may cover. i.e. If someone has hanging tummy tissue (loose skin or a panni) then awful rashes could exist that can be very uncomfortale, even painful and sometimes foul. ......Getting pcp documentation (with pictures) is a great bit of info to be armed with for the insurance process. .... Also, some of us are diagnosed with hernias through our post-op time. These are always covered by insurance and the fixing of them can be combined with a panniculectomy (tummy tuck). ..... Breast reductions can often be covered as well. How bout coming in for a consult. I can't give any blanket quotes over the site cuz each person is so different with their issues, bodies, needs, wish lists........ Besides, Dr Gitt can explain things in such an incredible fashion that I'd better not masacre his efforts ahead of time! Most plastic surgeons refuse to even work with insurances because it is a timely process that invovles a lot of staffing effort. .....Dr. Gitts does though. You can shoot me a private e-mail if you'd like more specifics..... Hugggzz to you Mary! Joyce
Most Active