IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!!!!!!!

sgirl
on 3/19/07 9:11 am - tucson, AZ
So I thought the whole hair loss thing was past me. I am 9 months postop, and the hair loss stopped about 2 months ago. I noticed today that when I wash and condition my hair as normal that I can see hair getting tangled in my fingers. Does this occur often throughtout the weight loss phases? I know that hair loss is nature just taking it's course, but I don't recall anyone saying that it comes back again. Thanks all, 214/140ish/114
(deactivated member)
on 3/19/07 11:30 am - AZ
Sally I know how you feel I am 3 mo post op and my hair is really falling out, I am thinking of a shorter haircut. it really stinks!!!!!!!
Nicole W.
on 3/19/07 11:40 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I am 5 months post op and my hair loss started at 3 months. It has gotten somewhat better, but I also just chopped off 12 inches of it. But even when I was pre-op I lost a good amount of hair in my comb and when styling it. I have read that on average we lose 100 strands of hair a day... but has your protein or vitamin intake decreased at all? Maybe that is the cause?
Deanne K.
on 3/19/07 12:02 pm - Tucson, AZ
You should all be taking biotin vitamins and get yourself some Nioxin shampoo. It is expensive, but well worth the price. I hardly lost any hair with this product. They tell Chemo patients to use it. My friend used it for Chemo and didn't lose all her hair. Deanne
Nicole W.
on 3/19/07 1:07 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I have been taking Biotin since 1 month post-op and I have not seen any difference with it. My hair was getting very straggly being very long, I did my research and it is better to have hair shoulder length or a bit shorter for when hair is thinning. So, it looks much healthier shorter. I am not upset about cutting my hair at all... actually very happy with it.
JRinAZ
on 3/19/07 2:34 pm - Layton, UT
How bout some pictures of your new do???? I'll bet you are beeeee U tiful!!!! Ever wonder how your hair loss would have been without the biotiin???? I wasn't ever sure if it was helping my hair but I definitely noticed my fignernails getting longer and stronger and my skin feeling nicer. Sooooooo....I just assumed that my hair was liking the stuff too! Huggggzzz to you Miss Nicole with the new do! (I still think you should post some pics!!!!) Joyce
(deactivated member)
on 3/20/07 12:47 pm - AZ
Nicole I bet your hair looks way cute, post a pic and let me know so we can see!! I go and get a trim next weekend. Friday I am going to get a body wrap and a facial cannot wait!!!!!
M. clarke
on 3/22/07 6:05 am
Nicole. 12 inches? WOW. I have a hair appointment the end of next month. I have a feeling I am looking at cutting mine also, but I am going to avoid it if possible. Do you have pictures up with your new hair? I looked on your site but didn't see any, but maybe i missed them
Nicole W.
on 3/24/07 4:47 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I just uploaded a picture... only bad thing about having shorter hair now is spending the extra time to style it. I had to pull out the hot rollers and the curling iron again. It was getting way too straggly and it was looking horrible. It feels and looks much healthier now. I think Mary enjoying running her fingers thru my hair at support group on Wednesday! hehe Good Luck at your appointment!
M. clarke
on 3/24/07 6:46 pm
Your hair looks really cute Nicole. And you've really lost a lot of weight! You can really see it in that last pic!
Most Active