Hello Arizona

shellyincali
on 3/18/07 7:41 am - surprise, AZ
Hi there my name is Shelly and I am new to this board. I just moved here from California and was always apart of that board. I was wondering if anybody lives near the Surprise area. I haven't found a support group out here like I used to in Ca. They met every first Sat. of the month and it really helped to stay on track. Plus I have no friends out here yet and if there is anyone that lives close enough to chat or have coffee or something that would be great. Thanks AZ. Take care, Shelly
johnb_az
on 3/18/07 7:46 am - Phoenix, AZ
Welcome Shelly, There is a suport group that meets every two weeks on Saturday at 10am. It is at the Estrella Hospital (I believe) that is located just east of the 101 freeway and Thomas. The next meeting is Saturday the 24th. DJ should chime in later with more details. The other two groups I know of are located in Scottsdale and Chandler. Take care, Doc http://www.myspace.com/az411
shellyincali
on 3/18/07 8:04 am - surprise, AZ
Thanks Doc, That helps and not really to far. Is there alot of post-ops there. Take care you, Shelly
johnb_az
on 3/18/07 8:41 am - Phoenix, AZ
My wife and I have been to two meetings. We are new to the group. We had about 6 to 8 people there last 2 meetings. DJ is almost two years post op, her husband Earl is about 6 weeks, and my wife is at 1 year. I am a "newb" at 5 weeks... Doc
desert rat
on 3/18/07 10:05 am - Goodyear, AZ
Hey Shelly, Welcome to AZ...I'm so sorry you got here just in time for OUR bad weather! Anyway, Doc is correct. We meet on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of every month from 10 a.m. to 11:30. We meet in conference room #3 at the Banner Estrella hospital which is located at the southeast corner of 93rd Ave & Thomas Rd. It's easy to find from the 101 freeway because it sticks outs since there's nothing else around it. I hope you join us. We have anywhere from 4 to 10 people at each meeting but if everyone showed up at once we would have as many as 20 members. We have one member who is nearly 7 years post op with Doc being the newest kid on the block at about 5 weeks post-op. We also have a couple of pre-ops. Everyone is welcome as long as you need support or want to give support. Come on down! Hope to see you this Saturday. Dj
alligatorpgr
on 3/18/07 3:13 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi DJ, I'm a patient at SBC, but the support group they have doesn't work with my schedule at all. Is your meeting for pre-ops as well? Thanks Alli
desert rat
on 3/19/07 6:53 am - Goodyear, AZ
Alli, SBC's schedule doesn't work with us either. My husband is also post op from SBC but since we live in Goodyear, getting all the way up to Scottsdale during the week isn't going to happen! We currently have two members who are pre-op. One is scheduled with Dr. Blackstone in October (I think) and the other member is just getting started. We welcome everyone...as long as you need support and/or are willing to give support, please come on over. Hope to see you Saturday, Dj
Heather G.
on 3/21/07 5:54 pm - Avondale, AZ
Hi Shelly- What surgery did you have?? I am in the Avondale/Goodyear area, which is about 25 minutes drive south of you. I would love to get together for coffee and discuss WLS and the like. I have will most likely have surgery this summer. Please email to let me know when we can talk. Mimi's cafe has the best coffee!! Let me know when you can get together. PS-Email me outside of OH and I'll give you my phone number. Welcome to AZ- Heather
Most Active