Scale Recommendations?

nicoleaz
on 3/17/07 6:21 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hey all Buying a scale pre-op was difficult because I wanted accuracy and one that would accommodate my weight. It looks like this: http://lnt.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p1105712dt.jpg I adjust it almost every day, but it refuses to stay balanced. Can anyone recommend a good scale? Nicole
Bobbys_mom
on 3/18/07 7:08 am - AZ
Nicole, its the year 2007! Go Digital! I purchased this one very soon after my surgery: Why do some people continue to have the problem and some don't? I purchased the XL550. They also make a XL440 for a little cheaper. I tipped the scales at 506 pre-op, so I needed the larger capacity. It is a very nice scale. It is wide and very sturdy and has a good display. Also SPEAKS your weight if you want. You can turn it off if you dont want it. Hopefully in another month or two I can downgrade to the 440! haha...
nicoleaz
on 3/18/07 7:24 am - Phoenix, AZ
That scale looks great! Thanks for the recommendation. Here's to downgrading!
David S.
on 3/18/07 7:25 am
Bobbie's suggestion looks like a good combination of budget and usability. For $200.00 I found the following scale at walmart.com that looks like a doctor's scale, and measures up to 450 pounds. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4213532 These balanced scales tend to be pretty accurate, and last a long time, but do hit you pretty hard in the wallet compared to ~50.00 online for the 550 and 450 models Bobbie was talking about that talk. My scale at home looks like yours. I can never tell if it really is getting unbalanced, or my 15 month old likes to play with it. Best of luck. Dave
nicoleaz
on 3/18/07 7:37 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Dave. Thanks for the recommendation! I love the idea of having an older-style doctor's scale. But you're right, a little steep for my budget right now. I suppose I can rely on my monthly visits to Dr. Blackstone's office for the super precise data. I'll tell ya, this scale I have refuses to stay calibrated and its driving me insane! Digital here I come!
David S.
on 3/18/07 7:56 am
I don't know about you, but I'm just looking forward to the day that I go to buy a scale, and don't even have to think about whether the scale goes high enough to weigh me.
nicoleaz
on 3/18/07 8:34 am - Phoenix, AZ
Amen to that! We're on our way! 6 more pounds and I'm under 300!
M. clarke
on 3/22/07 6:14 am
Nicole, I bought the weigh****cher scale from Target. I think it was around $50.00 or so. It is digital and I was amazed to see that it was accurate. And it matched my doctors scale. I've had it for 3 months and it is still working good and is still accurate to my doctors scale. I don't remember exactly how high it went but it was over 300 pounds for sure. I do agree with Tori somewhat. Scales can be dangerous to have in the house. I didn't get one until almost 2 months after my surgery. Prior to surgery I had bought one and brought it back to the store. They asked why I was returning it and I told them it was temporary insanity for buying it. The guy laughed and said he understood and felt the same way. However now that I'm losing I like having the scale, and it keeps me motivated to see the scale move down. So for now it is good. If I start obsessing about it I will throw it out.
nicoleaz
on 3/22/07 7:04 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Melissa, I wound up with a scale from Target, too. I don't think it's the same model as yours since mine was a *****eaper, but it'll do the trick. I understand what you and Tori are saying. I promised myself before surgery that I wouldn't weigh myself more than once a week. It's fun to see the pounds drop and I didn't want to deprive myself of that guilty pleasure! I've been using my follow-up visits with my surgeon as the more accurate gauge of my progress anyway...the print-outs those high-tech scales give tell you everything!
toleary
on 3/21/07 5:14 am - AZ
I came home from the hospital after my surgery a year ago and threw the scale away....I don't need the stress I weigh once a week at the curves and that is good enough for me. I have noticed my teenage daughters are so much easier on themselves now that we don't have a scale It used to be a major stressor at our house.... JUST AN IDEA... HAVE A GREAT DAY TORI
Most Active