Dave's home at last!

David S.
on 3/16/07 10:50 am
After a miserable 4 days in the hospital, I am finally home and feeling pretty good. My spirits are up, and liqids are going down!!! I was extremely miserable almost constantly in the hospital except when I was asleep. I finally requested a sleep pill for my last night, and had my first good night of sleep. I felt like I really had to be proactive in asking for nausia medicine and pain medicine. That is a bummer because I felt so crummy in those days following surgery. All in all, they did the test on my pouch, and it wasn't leaking, and we did some other tests as well while I was in the hospital. Synopsis: glad to be home and feeling good. Not sure yet if I'll recommend the procedure to anyone with the information I have now. I know everyone's a little different, but my last 4 days have been pretty miserable. Then again, I am only four days through a long journey!!!
Candi Y.
on 3/17/07 3:39 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Hang in there Dave everyone is so different when it comes to surgeries! You've just begun your journey!! I had my Lapband installed on 3/14 and it is simply AMAZING how good I feel and normally I am sicker then a dog from surgeries, but this one just seemed to work for me, think I am finally doing something for myself and maybe thats why! But you hang in there and keep us posted!! Take care Candi
Bobbys_mom
on 3/18/07 6:54 am - AZ
Dave, Congrats on the surgery! This is Bobby posting on my moms account. I had the surgery on 2/16 and I am down 45 pounds! Where did you have your surgery? I had mine at St. Luke's Phoenix, which in my opinion SUCKED. I did not like the hospital at all. The staff was less than helpful for my 2.5 day stay. However, I did not experience any pain really except for sitting up in bed when the skin gets stretched tight, etc. I only experienced nausea once and that was when I stood up for the FIRST time, 18 hrs after surgery. Overall my surgery went very well and I am pleased. The few days of pain is already SO worth it. Just think, in a week you'll be functioning at 100% and wont have anything to think about except for how awesome the weight loss is. Best of luck my man! -bobby
David S.
on 3/18/07 6:58 am
I had my surgery at St. Joseph's in Tucson, because I live just south of Tucson. It wasn't so much the hospital or nurses that weren't helpful. Rather it was just nausia associated with medications. Been home 2 days now, and feeling fabulous! Thanks for the comments! --Dave
tall_girl99_2000
on 3/18/07 1:23 pm - Chandler, AZ
WELCOME HOME!!! I'm so glad you are doing well. At first you may feel like you are not sure you did the right thing having the surgery, cause I'm sure like all of us you will get tired of the broth and jello , and of course the soft foods, but once you go for your first weigh in after being released. (try not to weigh yourself until the Dr does it for you) and you will realize it is all worth it and be glad to show off your sexy new body . God bless you buddy. I hope you continue to let us know your weight loss as time goes by.
(deactivated member)
on 3/19/07 8:47 am - avondale, AZ
Dave, Hang in there buddy, I too had a big dose of buyer's remorse after my surgery (1-24-07). Especially when I was two weeks out and got a stricture, however it was fixed pretty quick and once recovered I felt great. I wouldn't change it for anything now. As you start dropping the pounds you will know it was all worth it. Best of luck!! Danielle
Most Active