What kind of protein drinks are you doing?

carolem
on 3/16/07 4:19 am - Austin , TX
I have a thing for Chocolate, I bought some Whey protein from GNC, but they stopped making it in the smaller quantitites. So on this site I bought the Matrix 5.0, it's really good in Chocolate. On the lap-band board we're told to be careful about the liquid calories from these, however, Melissa at Dr. Blacktone's office says they have no problem with them. So many times in the am I do not want to eat breakfast and go to a protein drink. Anyone else?
JRinAZ
on 3/16/07 7:04 am - Layton, UT
You've struck gold Carole! My Matrix chocolate has been my staple since the minute I first had a sample at the O.H. convention in CA 2 years ago!!!! I used to bounce around with other types and love the Champion Pure Whey STack in the Banana Scream (great to throw in the magic bullet with ice and some strawberries). Here's the way I prefer my Matrix chocolate: Into a 20 oz mug: Blend heaping scoop into 2 oz of hot tap water and whisk (or stir with fork) Add 1 shot of Torani sugar free chocolate and 1shot of Torani sugar free peppermint (or caramel). whisk again. Top off with boiling water (I put 2 cups ho****er in the microwave for 1:30) and stir. Enjoy! This is my breakfast every day!!!! ....and often my night time protein drink. I prefer the cold protein drinks in the day. I LOVe the blueberry Whey Gourmet (you can order samples at Beth'sboutique.com) I totally agree that we shouldn't get our calories in drinks .....HOWEVER, if you use the drink as a meal replacement then in the case of the Matrix; you're only getting 120 calories in a meal!!!! Pretty good! Joyce Top off the 20 oz mug
carolem
on 3/16/07 7:11 am - Austin , TX
Good to know, it sounds great the way you mix it! So you can mix it with ho****er, I thought you had to mix it first in cold and then add the hot. No?
JRinAZ
on 3/16/07 7:20 am - Layton, UT
Carole, THe Obesity Surgery Support Group Graduate site (aka as [email protected]) Had that researched and found that the protein does NOT break down as long as it is tempered first (mixed into cold or warm tap water). The Chandler Group orders all the Syntrax (Matrix is part of that line) proteins at wholesale prices. Just let us know if you want to get in on the ordering. We save about half. Joyce
carolem
on 3/16/07 7:22 am - Austin , TX
Thanks, next order I will. I have enough now for about 3 or 4 months!
Nicole W.
on 3/16/07 3:01 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I drink the Worldwide Protein Shakes... they sell them at Sprouts. They have chocolate, tastes like chocolate milk sorta. Has 35grams of protein.
nicoleaz
on 3/17/07 6:02 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Carole Prior to surgery I ordered 2 sample packs of Profect. I've only sampled 4 or 5 flavors so far, but the taste doesn't appeal to me whatsoever. It's sweet, but an awful kind of sweet. Fortunately, it's only 2.9oz of liquid! However, I think I'll give the Isopure a shot - the pre-mixed fruit flavors, not the powder mix. So Matrix 5.0 is good, eh? Maybe I'll give that one a try, too. Nicole
tall_girl99_2000
on 3/18/07 12:32 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi Carole, I know everyone else suggested The Matrix and I hope it works great for you. As for me, I could no longer afford the Isopure (as much as I wish I could) so one day my sister went to Sam's Club and she came across BODY FORTRESS 100% Premium Whey protein powder. It only has 1gram of sugar per serving and 23 grams of protein. They have vanilla and chocolate. My favorite is chocolate. It tastes like slightly watered down chocolate milk. For the super large size it cost her $20.00 I then went to wal-mart one day and saw it there as well only in a slightly smaller container. Its a 2lb can and it cost me $11.50 That is surely better than $4.00 a bottle of Isopure, and Dr Blackstone's staff told me that this product was fine. Good luck in finding what you need.
Maureen O.
on 3/20/07 2:35 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi Carole, What is the name of the site where you bought the protein? I have not bought any yet and I would like to start drinking it, espically when I'm really hungry and need to curb my hunger. Thanks, Maureen
carolem
on 3/21/07 3:10 am - Austin , TX
Your on it! It's in their store under nutritional supplements I think. It's the only protein drink that comes up. But Joyce says she can get Matrix cheaper than what I paid for it on here. It is in a very large soft pack, so one will last a long time! But it is good, I am very happy with it.
Most Active