Nervous

Garrett N.
on 3/16/07 4:20 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Ya I know... Just all the statistics and such that I have read are rather worrisome. I also have heard that St. Lukes in Phoenix wasnt the greatest of hospitals? Is this true?
LeAnne G.
on 3/17/07 12:27 am - Goodyear, AZ
St. Luke's is an older hospital. It was clean and my nurses were awesome. However, you can't make an old hospital look new. Don't worry...Dr. Juarez is an outstanding doctor and will take excellent care of you. How you are feeling is normal and we have all felt that way before our surgery. Take care, LeAnne
JRinAZ
on 3/17/07 2:23 am - Layton, UT
Hey Garrett, St Luke's is about to have a Grand Opening of their new Bariatric Wing! And...though it's in an old hospital; the Bariatric floor is decked out to cater to your every need. Their head nurse is even a WLS post-op!!!! You'll get a visit from the nutritionist right in your hospital room as well as the surgeons. And...if you need a thing then just shoot a message up to Kelly and she'll make sure you are taken care of! .....consider perspective as well....It's the surgeon's skill and hospital's comprehensive program you are after. The accomodations are a tiny dot on the timeline of your weight loss journey. I have slept on concrete overnight to get a good ticket to an event, I've slept in a car to get to a great vacation spot, I've slept in a crummy motel 6 so I can go to 3 theme parks instead of just one.......a couple of nights in an older hospital so that you can have an amazing new life???? Not such a biggie really? Hang in there! Focus on the future and the positives! Joyce
Garrett N.
on 3/17/07 9:26 am - Phoenix, AZ
Point well taken thank you... Guess I shouldn't stress so much and just relax and not let my nerves get the better of me.
pwrightt
on 3/17/07 12:41 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Garrett: LeAnn worded it perfectly. St.Lukes is an older hosptial. It is what it is. But its also a center of excellence. The nurses that will be attending you work with wl patients everyday. You will also have great support groups you can attend. Please also remember you are in the hands of a very good surgeon. Relax. Keep the faith Pam
Garrett N.
on 3/17/07 9:34 am - Phoenix, AZ
Well faith and the knowledge that this was my grandfathers wish is two of the major factors that are keeping me on track. Just wish I wasnt so nervous lol
Bobbys_mom
on 3/18/07 6:59 am - AZ
Garrett, I had my surgery on 2/16 with Dr. Juarez as well. I am extremely pleased with his work (ZERO complications..), and even my incisions look like theyre going to be invisible once Im all healed up. He is awesome and so is his assistant Amil. I personally thought the hospital staff sucked, but thats just my opinion as a 22 yr old whipper-snapper. Good news is, I experienced very little pain, was only nauseus once for about 5 mins, and was out in just over 48 hrs. If you have any last minute questions or concerns, feel free to email me or msg me on AIM! Email: GooberPHX420(at)gmail.com AIM: GooberPHX420 Best of luck!
Most Active