considering lap band

pufftobuff
on 3/15/07 5:37 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks so much Carole for your thorough reply. I did go to Blackstone's seminar after hearing from someone in her office that they accept my insurance but after the seminar I found out that it was a mistake and so I had to go on to find another program--which brought me to Simon and Newhaugh (Sorry for misspelling). There office was going through a lot of changes and after visiting a couple of times and struggling with poor communication I responded to an ad for Bridges so, here I am. Now, let's say I went to Simpson but after trying to do the lap band, what if I am too fat or the structure of my anatomy requires the RNY, then I would be stuck? I think with Fang I can go for the Lap Band and if it is a "no go" he can do the RNY. I guess I have to check out this possibility as well. I do have weight related diseases like hypertension, diabetes II, asthma, sleep apnea, high cholesterol and joint trouble so naturally it sounds wonderful to think that all these will diminish or vanish within a couple of weeks or months after the gastric bypass, but it is possible I may see a significant amount of improved health that will at least put me into a safer range with less risk of mal-absorption. Mal-absorption is my biggest concern because I tend to be a worry wart and wonder "what if I get really healthy and slender and fit and then develop something dreadful like cancer?" As far as losing quickly, I would rather lose safely not only because of the modifications to my behavior to have time to settle in but the skin thing for sure but also to let my inner being have more time to accept the outward appearance so I can deal with not only feeling better but seeing myself better. Besides, 2 to 3 pounds a week is fine by me as long as it is forever. I never want to yo yo my way up the scale again. I have lost 38 pounds since August on my own by staying under 1,000 calories and walking several times a week. It has been a month since I have lost anything more, so perhaps that is it for me until I reduce down another couple 100 calories per day. This weight won't stay off on it's own for long as like always I will fall back to old habits so having this surgery will help me to resist backsliding for enough time to prevent me from reversing my progress. I am certain that as I reap the health benefits from losing weight it will strengthen my resolve to keep to the plan. Plus, with relief from this extra weight on my joints I will be engaging in some mountain trail hiking and I want to take some dance lessons. I know this is long and personal. I am so glad you responded. I got some really good things to think about from you. It does me good to bounce my thought back to you--thanks for being available. Good luck to you and your hubby for the rest of your journey.
Most Active