Research Study Looking for Candidates Phx area

azleshep
on 3/10/07 5:36 am
I received the below email today. If any "newbie" is interested in participating in this study please contact Deb or Kristin, their email is at bottom of the page. While they are asking for lap RNY, if you are interested and are open RNY or LapBand I suggest emailing them and asking if you can participate. I believe this study has merit. I applaud them for taking the obese population under consideration as I personally experienced a shift in skeletal frame and body posturing after weight loss. Pam (Chandler Support Group) Hi Pam- We are 3rd year physical therapy students at the Arizona School of Health Sciences in Mesa and are looking for individuals who would be willing to participate in a research study regarding laparoscopic gastric bypass no longer than 6 weeks after surgery. It is a 12 week study that requires the subject to participate in a home exercise program as well as meeting with us, the researchers as well as a licensed physical therapist, once per week. This study has already been approved by an Institutional Review Board for safety purposes however, we will also contact the individual's physican for approval as well. This is a pilot study, however we are hoping that our research will emphasize the need for physical therapy after gastric bypass surgery. We found your contact information off of the ObesityHelp website, however if there is another more appropriate person to contact, would you supply us with that contact information? Thanks so much for your time. Kristin Beyerl ([email protected]) Deb Mordhorst ([email protected])
Most Active