Home Today

Maureen O.
on 3/10/07 9:17 am - Glendale, AZ
Hello everyone, I finally came home today. I had to stay an extra day because I wasn't feeling too well. The surgery went great and I'm looking forward to being on the losing side soon. I did have a lot of pain the first two days but it's getting better now. I'm trying to live on a liquid diet and I'm starving. Hopefully tomorrow I can start soft protein foods. I'm getting tired of jello and broth but I know this is temporary so I can deal with it. Got to go take some pain meds. now. Maureen
desert rat
on 3/10/07 10:38 am - Goodyear, AZ
Maureen, You'll be glad to sleep in your own and you'll get lots of much needed rest, I'm sure. What kind of surgery did you have? I just can't figure out why you're hungry. If you got a band, you should be able to eat anything clear including juice. Unfortunately, I don't know that much about the diet restrictions for Dr. Blackstone's banded patients. I had RNY & didn't get hungry for six months! Take care of yourself, Dj
nicoleaz
on 3/11/07 3:20 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hey, Maureen. I wonder if we didn't see one another on the 5th floor? I'm experiencing much of the same, so it looks like we're doing okay. I was told to stay on the jello/broth/tea diet until my post-op class which is 3/13. I'm already sick of jello! For some reason the broth tastes awful to me Fortunately I've been able to lower the dose of pain meds needed (from 2 percosets to 1) and I slept okay in my bed. It was soooo nice to be back in my bed last night! Good luck to you, Maureen! Nicole
Maureen O.
on 3/11/07 4:57 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi Nicole, Yes, I was on the 5th floor too but I didn't see you. It felt so good to sleep in my own bed last night. I was exhausted yesterday when I came home but am feeling better today. I was told I could start soft proteins today so I had a scrambled egg this morning. It tasted so good, and it took some of my hunger pains away. I am sick of jello and broth also, I don't know if I can eat anymore of that. I'm not sure which class I will be going to . I was scheduled for the March 22 class before my surgery but when they released me I was told to go to the March 13 class. I have to call tomorrow to find out what I should do. So, if I go to the 3/13 class maybe I will see you there. Good luck to you too, Maureen
Nicole W.
on 3/11/07 6:42 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Congrats Maureen! Glad everything went well... Since you are lapband you will be enjoying soft proteins quicker than RNY's. Welcome to the losing side! ~Nicole
Most Active