Looking forward to my surgery on Tuesday!

David S.
on 3/8/07 11:08 am
Hi there, I know I don't know everyone out there, but I am really excited because I am scheduled for Open RNY this coming Tuesday Mar 13th. Seems like alot of nice folks here in the discussion boards, and I wanted to jump in. My wife, Jodell, is also scheduled for RNY later this month. This is an exciting journey we are embarking on together. I welcome any comments or suggestions. I'm so glad to see there's so many AZ folks out there! Although my employer has been very understanding, there is alot of last minute stress making sure everything is ready for me to be out of the office. I just have tomorrow and Monday of work left! I look forward to getting to know more of you folks out there. --Dave
M. clarke
on 3/8/07 12:18 pm
Dave, Congrats to both you and Jodell. How exciting for both of you to be going through this together. I think it is fantastic that you will both have someone to go through it with. My friend was Very supportive of me when I had my surgery. When I couldn't eat, he wouldn't eat, and then when I could eat he only ate the foods I was allowed to eat. Even though he hadn't really had the surgery it was nice to have someone going through at least some of it with me. I really think it will be helpful for both of you to be going through it together. Please keep us posted on both of your progress, and welcome to the site!!
David S.
on 3/8/07 12:26 pm
Melissa, You are so kind. Although we are already close, we hope to come closer together as a result of going through the surgery process. We will also be on the same page for dietary and maintenance. Unfortunate to say, we've gained the weight together, and now we're going to lose it together. This summer will be our 9th wedding anniversary. -Dave
M. clarke
on 3/8/07 3:19 pm
David. It is good that you are close. I have heard it said several times that this surgery will make a good marriage better, and a will end a bad one. So I bet you do get even closer after this. I made a lot of discoveries about family and friends through this process. Some good, some bad.
JEAN-NA
on 3/8/07 9:40 pm
David Congrats to both of you , I know it's a very trying time. You both will do great. Just remember it to take it one day at a time. Work will get better.. what do you do & how long are you planning on being off. make sure to get lots of rest while you can. P.s. Are you related to E.j. & Darlene ?
David S.
on 3/9/07 7:51 am
Sorry, don't know EJ and Darlene. It's now Friday, and I'm starting to look forward to the fact, that I only have one more day of work (Monday) and then I'll be taking time off for my surgery. Today was CRAZY at work, as it is obvious it is sinking in that I will be out for a while. I work in corporate finance for Raytheon. I relocated from Mesa, AZ just over a year ago when I was offered a job here. We live just south of Tucson, and enjoy not being in the middle of all of the hussle and bussle. My doctor indicates I will be out for 4-6 weeks. I get paid for s.t. disability 100% of my pay, so I see no reason to use the time to mend after my surgery.
Candi Y.
on 3/9/07 1:02 am - Cottonwood, AZ
GOOD LUCK to the both of you, what a great thing your doin together!! We'll be shrinking together, but of course men shrink faster!!!! My BAND surgery set for 3/14!! Good Luck to US!!! Candi
gawump
on 3/9/07 5:00 am - Farmington, NM
Good luck to both you and Jodell. I agree AZ has a great bunch of people, and I have enjoyed getting to know a few of them. I wish the NM board was this lively and full of kind folks. I will send good thoughts and prayers your way! Richard I
tall_girl99_2000
on 3/11/07 1:14 am - Chandler, AZ
Dave, I am so happy for you and Jodell. I know you guys are going to do great and your marriage will only get stronger as you go on. My surgery was done exactly 9 months before your scheduled one and I have lost 130lbs. My prayers are with you both. Olga
Most Active