New Whey Question

JEAN-NA
on 3/6/07 9:28 pm
JOYCE I have an idea , You order a 12 pack of blue raspberry & I will order a 12 pac of fruit punch and we can swap out half & half - I see the $24 per 12 pack is about the going price on the net . Let me know if you find it cheaper anywhere. I am going to cali in a week and would be great to take along for the road trip .
JRinAZ
on 3/7/07 4:31 am - Layton, UT
Hook us up sweetie pie! It's a deal! Joyce
kkortsen
on 3/6/07 10:25 pm - AZ
Joyce, I use the 42g new whey in orange or grape. Grape seems to be the best. I sure like the 3.1 oz size. It is better than the large Isopure bottle. Yuk! Good Luck!!
M. clarke
on 3/7/07 3:27 am
Do you know do these taste better then the profect?
JRinAZ
on 3/7/07 4:38 am - Layton, UT
Soooooo Kent, Do you divide it into 2 shots at different times? Cuz my understanding is that we'd just be sending some very expensive 12 grams of protein down the potty since we can only absorb 30 grams at a time. ????? and if soooooo, then is the protein compromised after it's lost it's seal??? .Grape is my favorite flavored popscicle, lollipop (sugar free of course), propel flavor, snowcone flavor....Oh yeah...If the grape one is the best then I'll be running over to get some! Thanks! Joyce
kkortsen
on 3/8/07 9:44 am - AZ
Hey Joyce, I do split the protein up. Generally, I have half around 10 AM. The second half at 2PM. That seems to work for me. Also, if you do not refrigerate the protein it seems to be thinner than when cold. The protein is not compromised if the seal is broken. I purchase mine from the Vitamin Shoppe for $29.99 a case. If you find a less expensive option please let me know. You were my first response, I was so excited! Take care of yourself, Kent
LeAnne G.
on 3/7/07 7:54 am - Goodyear, AZ
Joyce, I don't care for the orange flavor in the 42 gram one. LeAnne
Earl J.
on 3/7/07 9:07 am - AZ
Both of the 25g flavors (blue and red) are pretty good and easy to take. However, you really can't get that big of a discount on-line for the 25g vials. The 42g vials can be gotten at a pretty sizeable discount (check out the link for Fitness First on the front page of the main forum). If you go up to the 42g flavors, avoid the grape at all costs! Fruit punch is ok, but the orange is best. My recomendation would be to go to Vitamin Shoppe and get one of each as a sample before you order. I know some people who love the grape (go figure).
desert rat
on 3/7/07 9:56 am - Goodyear, AZ
Hey Joyce, I know I'm late but oh well... Go to the link for Fitness First USA, (link on main forum page at the bottom of the list on the left). Search for IDS products & find one with the big red banner that says "10th Anniversary Special" (or something like that.) For $53.9p you can buy 2 cases of 12, in any flavor of the 42 gram tube & you will get 4 extra tubes for free. That's a total of $1.93 per 42 grams of protein. If you want to stick to the 25 grams, they only come in two flavors (I prefer the "blue"), you can get 12 for $23.50 or $1.96 each. Gram for gram, the 42 gram tube is the better deal with the current sale. Shipping is a flat $6.00. I've searched for this product many times over the past 10 months or so and this is BY FAR the best deal I've ever seen. You are correct however, you can only drink half of the 42 gram tube at one time. Earl drinks a mouthful and puts the rest in the fridge for 90 minutes or so & then finishes it off. If you're on the road, close it up tight and toss it in your bag. As for flavors, the 42 gram choices are orange, grape and fruit punch. I prefer the orange, the fruit punch is in the middle and LeAnn prefers the grape. It's just your own taste. I wish I had some idea how long the sale will be going but I will be ordering several more cases within the next few days just to make sure I'm all stocked up. I hope this answers your question adequately. If you need any more info, just let me know. DJ
vquigley
on 3/8/07 11:37 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone, I've been getting my supply of New Whey at Nutrition Warehouse with their 10% discount for gastric bypass patients(actually I've been sending DH because he's home more often during their open hours). Last time he went he said they have a new flavor called Apricot. Haven't tried it yet. I don't mind any of the flavors, even the grape I can chug down. That Profect stuff is nasty! We've been paying about $50-60 for two cases (24). Virginia
Most Active