Roto Rooter Time!

nicoleaz
on 3/6/07 4:14 am - Phoenix, AZ
Just thought I'd share... 1 bottle of Magnesium Citrate down, a whole day and night of who knows what to go! I opted for the lemon flavor and drank it cold - it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it'd be. Working on my first glass of water now. Surgery is tomorrow and the nerves are starting to settle in. A call this morning confirmed my surgery time - it'll be an hour later than scheduled. I'm so excited! I've never taken a laxative before. Eep! Wish me and my digestive system luck! Nicole
Maureen O.
on 3/6/07 4:51 am - Glendale, AZ
Good luck! I just went to Walgreens and bought my Magnesium Citrate. I didn't think to put it in the frig. so I will do that now. I hope your surgery goes well and best of luck to you. Maureen
nicoleaz
on 3/6/07 5:09 am - Phoenix, AZ
In the fridge or over ice! I drank it with a straw...quickly! Good luck to you! Nicole
JEAN-NA
on 3/6/07 5:39 am
Maureen I mixed mine with some sprite and chugged it down - was not as bad !! and yes it worked fine .. I hated the thought of the first time to the bathroom..
nicoleaz
on 3/6/07 6:49 am - Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, it's reminiscent of breaking the seal after you've been drinking alcohol. Ahhh!
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 3/6/07 5:00 am - Tucson, AZ
Wishing you the best tomorrow. Everything will be fine. The IV was my worst concern too since I hate needles. It is normal to be jittery. I am looking forward to hearing all about your experience when you return home from surgery.
nicoleaz
on 3/6/07 5:12 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thank you! I don't mind needles so long as they find my veins relatively quickly! Here's hoping Nicole
M. clarke
on 3/6/07 9:50 am
Nicole. Great luck with your surgery. They are really good about the IV's. Just tell them you have hard veins and they will get you their best nurse to poke you. That is what I did and they went and found the best person for doing iv's and she got it in one try. Usually I'm a big black and blue pin cushion by the time nurses are done trying to find my veins. Shea Hospital staff was wonderful both for my surgery and then my stricture. No using me as a pin cushion
nicoleaz
on 3/6/07 11:50 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thank you, Melissa I've had similar experiences and will be sure to tell them!
johnb_az
on 3/6/07 6:00 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Nicloe, Good luck. Know that your in good hands with Dr. Blackstone. Post when you get out and let us know how you feel. Doc http://www.mypsace.com/az411
Most Active