March Banders Unite!!

jenncarson
on 3/5/07 10:59 am - AZ
March & Other Spring Banders! I'm having surgery on March 12th. I'm feeling nervous and a little overwhelmed. I'm basically trying to stop worrying by getting everything together. I filled the frig with clear liquids for my pre and post op diet. I also put together a basket with everything I will need after the surgery like my meds, liquid tylenol and so forth. I also bought a couple magazines, mystery novels and a few DVDs. I'm going to pretend post-op is like a vacation. A vacation with pain, chicken broth and a heating pad. I'd really appreciate some empathy or advice!!
desert rat
on 3/5/07 12:12 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Well hun, we can all empathize with you. It's just funny, my DH had his surgery exactly 4 weeks ago today and my fridge is still full of sf jello! He collected all of the crossword puzzels in the newspaper for about a month before surgery and he has completed exactly none of them! It's really good that you are prepared, just don't worry when you don't feel like reading...you will have lots of other things going on like resting! Best of luck!! Dj
jenniebr
on 3/5/07 11:22 pm - queen creek, AZ
Hey Jenn, You will do great! I didnt get my band in the spring but my hubby did. I got mine 10 day before Christmas 2005. A few things I wish I did before my band.... stock up on sf jello and popsicles! I bought the ready made kind when my hubby had his band they are perfect just under 4 oz (1/2 cup). Plus there is no wait for them to set. The sf pudding is great for the next week. I really didnt use the pain meds, they tasted yucky and didnt really have much pain. I will give you the best tip I ever got....AnyWhey protein. I put it in everything so I would have to have protein shakes. I added it to Crystal Light. It has a texture but no flavor or odor. I bought mine at GNC. Enjoy your "vacation"! Just think in a few weeks you will be eating food again and enjoying your new life! Good luck and keep us posted, email if you need anything, Jen Lost 117 with the my band!!!
Most Active