Surgery has been rescheduled :-(

alligatorpgr
on 3/6/07 8:57 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Jeana, thanks for the kind words, you are such a sweetie I would love for you to come visit me when I'm in the hospital, I need all the post-op visits I can get P.S. Rosa says hi !!!! Alli
pwrightt
on 3/5/07 10:01 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Ali: Its so important to be healthy before major surgery. I know this has been a long and hard road with your surgery being rescheduled now a couple of times. It has to be very frustrating. BUT your health is the most important thing that you have. I'm sure DR. Blacstones office wants to make sure you are healthy enough for the surgery and that's the sign of a very good surgeon. Your health has come first. So hang in there and soon enough your new surgery date will be here. I wish you only the best Pam
alligatorpgr
on 3/6/07 8:59 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Pam, I totally agree. Although it would have been nice to have my surgery in a couple of weeks instead of a couple of months, being healthy enough for surgery is my number one goal. Dr Blackstone's office has been awesome, and right now everything is on track and I am breathing better every day. Thanks a bunch Alli
Nicole W.
on 3/6/07 1:36 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Alli, Being a asthmatic my entire life I know how it feels about not being able to breathe. I am so sorry your surgery was postponed, but I am glad it is not October!!! I told Dr. Blackstone my concerns with my asthma when I come out of anesthesia, she made sure to be on top of it and ordered breathing treatments right when I woke up and for the rest of the day and whenever I needed them. I hope you start feeling better soon... one thing, Arizona definately has not improved my asthma. I am stuck in New York now... we have a nasty storm blowing thru. Growing up here the mildew, mold, fall weather killed my asthma... I remember spending many days in the ER getting breathing treatments and steroids. If you need anything... please let me know! ~Nicole
alligatorpgr
on 3/6/07 9:22 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Nicole, I know you feel my pain. I was really bummed last week, but now that I'm breathing so much better, I know its all for the best. There are a lot of people that have had to wait a lot longer for surgery than I have, and honestly I think Dr Blackstone is worth the wait. My goal is to get completely healthy (besides my morbid obesity and asthma I'm a pretty healthy fat chick, and have a safe surgery and recovery. My Pulmonologist has said that losing some weight will definitely help with my asthma. So....I just need to stay healthy enough to have the surgery, so I can lost the weight, and then I can breathe easier......Thanks for all your support, it means a lot to me, and lets try to still get together for lunch or dinner if you are up to it....Just let me know Alli
M. clarke
on 3/6/07 10:23 am
Ali. I am so sorry your surgery got delayed. I am glad to see that you are so sweet and positive about it though. That is the best way to be. I really think it is crucial to your healing to have those positive vibes within and around you. Your going to do great!
(deactivated member)
on 3/6/07 10:44 am - AZ
Oh Alli I am so sorry, I know you have been looking so foward to this. But I am glad Dr. B is being thorough Ashma is nothing to mess around with. I don't have it, but you want to be as healthy as can be going into this. Take care of yourself...Erin
Most Active