HELP!! PCM Appointment Today (1st of Many)

Celeste B.
on 3/4/07 11:23 pm - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
Hello All, I go to see my PCM today in hopes to get a referreal for my WLS. Please help, if there is anything that I need to know in order to make this appointment a success please advise. I think I have stressed myself ito a migraine. Any advice would be great at this point. My appointment is @ Luke ALB. Tricare Prime Insurance. Should I take in documentation of my efforts for the past years of attempted, success and failed weight loss?
JRinAZ
on 3/5/07 12:13 am - Layton, UT
Take Everything Celeste. What they don't want you can just pack home for your scrapbook! Good luck! ...........You'll be reporting your surgery date before you know it! Joyce
Celeste B.
on 3/5/07 1:15 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
Thanks Joyce, I will get all that I have ready for them. I am sssssooooo excited about this.
desert rat
on 3/5/07 12:18 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Hey Celeste, How did the appointment go? Dj
Celeste B.
on 3/6/07 12:35 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
Everything went GREAT alot easier than I expected. I went in yesterday and explained my visit. I was a little nervous to say it out loud what I wanted. It's like once you say it is is real and now you are open to what ever comes next. **VICTORY**. I told him that I wanted to have WLS, he told me that he did not think I was not big enough to have it done. So, he asked me my height and weight I told him 5'8 270lbs. Then he told me I was definetly a candidate. Asked is I had any ailments from the weight. I adv him of migraines, knee pains, back pains and shortness of breath. He then set me up for a referrel. I was so happy about the process. I thought it would be more involved. I told him of my efforts and that I looked into WLS 1about 10 years ago but was told by my PCM at that time that I would not qualify. So I dieted, starved myself, went to a Nutritionist for over a year. Lost a good amount of weight, but as we all know it found me again. So, I will update more as my journey continue's keep me in your prayers for this to go through as I will all of OH. BTW, my true height and weight is 5'7 260lbs 41BMI TTYL Celeste www.myspace.com/willsgnc
David S.
on 3/8/07 12:36 pm
Celeste, Things really took off quickly once I saw the surgeon. Now I am scheduled for surgery this coming Tuesday. It was less than 2 months ago when I saw the surgeon for the first time. I can't believe how quickly everything has fallen in line. I have quickly discovered that in many ways I was my biggest obstacle to getting this surgery. Stay possible, as things can happen quickly! --Dave
Celeste B.
on 3/9/07 3:33 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
Thank you so much for the encouragement Dave. I really appreciate it. I still haven't received my referrel forms yet. I am like a kid waiting for my turn on th rollercoaster.
David S.
on 3/9/07 7:54 am
One thing you'll learn on these threads is that you are really not alone. There are lots of us out there who are finding the path best for us. We also have had experiences with people understanding or not understanding our interest in WLS.
Most Active