Surgery in Mexico?

princessdjwm
on 3/4/07 1:11 pm - AZ
I am thinking of having lap band surgery in Mexico With Dr. Lopez at the Hospital Angeles. Has anyone had their surgery in Mexico? I'd like to hear about any experiences in Mexico. I'm almost ready to schedule for this month, but wanted to get some feedback first. Thanks
JRinAZ
on 3/5/07 12:08 am - Layton, UT
Because of personal experiences; I could NEVER recommend going to Mexico for surgery BUT....you can find all kinds of help from folks who have had their surgerie's down there on the Obesity Help's "South of the Border" Forum. Just go to the main page and put your curser on "Forums". then....click on "show all forums"....to the left there is a list of chat sights and South of the boarder is listed there. Or, I think you can just go to the SEarch window on top of this page and type it in. Good luck! Joyce
princessdjwm
on 3/5/07 1:16 am - AZ
Thank you so much. I have gone to the site you recommended and it is very helpful.
carolem
on 3/5/07 2:22 am - Austin , TX
If you do decide to have your surgery there make sure you have a doctor here that will be willing to take on your after care. I've seen posts from other people that say they did fine down there, I just wouldn't because I wouldn't want to have to keep going back down there if something went wrong. Not all the doctor's here want to take on a patient that had their surgery out of the country. Be sure you have it all covered before you make your next move. Good Luck.
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/07 12:25 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I had my RNY in Mexico with Dr Joya in Puerto Vallarta. I am very happy!!
Most Active