Tricare Prime

Celeste B.
on 2/28/07 6:42 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
Hello, My name is Celeste and I am 35 years old. This is my first time to this site an posting. Everyone's journies are so inspiring. I would like to if anyone has any information on Tricare Prime's process for this procedure? I currently have this insurance and go to a consultation on 03/05/07 @ Luke AFB. Please help. I don't want to get my hopes up high for them to smash then on me. Thanks in Advance Celeste
desert rat
on 2/28/07 12:04 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Honey, I don't have Tricare anything but don't worry too much. I had a friend who had RNY about a year ago. Her husband is retired Air Force & her insurance was definitely Tricare. I don't know if she had "prime" or something else but it WAS Tricare so I know that they WILL cover it. I don't think she had to work too much as getting it approved either. Seems to me, it took her about 6 months. Unfortunately, she moved away so I can't ask her but I wanted you to have some peace of mind! Keep us informed on your progress. Peace, Dj P.S. Welcome to the board.
Celeste B.
on 3/1/07 12:55 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
Hi DJ, That is what I call my oldest daughter DJ, really cool. Thank you so much for the response. I am looking forward to my appointment but afraid to get my hopes up. Everyone here is so open about there experiences that I can actually exhale being in here w/you all. I am seeing alot of positivity from Tricare, my husband is also retired USAF, so keep me in your prayers everyone. Celeste Thanks for the welcome
MacArthurBug
on 2/28/07 11:06 pm - KY
Howdy Celeste, I have Tricare prime and they okayed my surgery. I had to do a little more paperwork then a lot of people I talked to, and I had to wait from my January initial consoltation with my doctor about the surgery until near the end of July to get my surgery. I've been very happy with my results- I'm a little over 6 months out now and soon I'll be looking to find out how much plastic surgery the military is willing to cover. (I've heard everythign from the whole enchalada to good luck getting even the tummy done) Good luck on your journey. My best advice is MAKE your doctor help you get through the initial process and make lots of calls. Alro try the Tri-care website (I don'[t remember the address I googled it).
Celeste B.
on 3/1/07 12:58 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
Hey Amber, Thank you for the response. WOW, you had the surgery already AWESOME. I don't really mind the wait...my only fear is the approval. That would really be awesome if they cover your plastic surgery as well. Good luck to you with that. My prayers are with you for a positive outcome. As I mentioned to DJ, everyone here is AWESOME, and I appreciate the warm welcome.
desert rat
on 3/1/07 8:52 am - Goodyear, AZ
Hey Celeste, Now that I see you're in Tolleson, you should come to one of the westside support meetings on the 2nd & 4th Saturdays of each month. We meet at Estrella Banner hospital there on Thomas between 91st Ave & the 101. Meetings are from 10-11:30 and everyone is welcome regardless of surgery type, insurance, surgeon or whether they are pre or post op. We have a member who is over 6 years post op all the way down to my hunny and Doc who are not even 4 weeks post op. We'd love to have you & it's a great place to ask questions & hear things from other people's points of view. It's a good group and you are most welcome! Dj
Celeste B.
on 3/1/07 9:51 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
Thank You DJ, You know........I will be there. Thanks for the Invite. Celeste
tml
on 3/1/07 11:09 am
Celeste, I have Tricare Prime. It will cover the RNY but will not on the Lap Band. And I believe it will cover plastics too.
Celeste B.
on 3/1/07 11:50 pm - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
Thank You Tina Appreciate the response Celeste
Celeste B.
on 3/2/07 3:27 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
Hi Tina, Don't mean to sound like a moron but....What is plastics? Do you mean plastic surgery after the RNY? That would be cool.
Most Active