A new Date!!! And a New LIFE!!!

gawump
on 2/28/07 2:46 am - Farmington, NM
Boy what a strange couple of months I've had. Just a quick re-cap. First I was scheduled for surgery, then I was not scheduled for surgery... then I was scheduled for August, then October, then I was not on the schedule at all. While this was going on, my wife and I found out that we are pregnant with our first child. Well, yesterday we had an ultrasound done, and I saw my child for the first time. It seemed to wave at us and although it is way too early to tell what sex it is, we were happy to see that the baby is growing and that everything looks normal. My wife and I are hoping for a girl, but healthy will be just fine. It was very exciting! Today, I got a call from Dr. Blackstone's office to get me scheduled again. I once again have a date, and it is not in August or October. My new Surgery Date is June 8th. I am perfectly happy with this date. I would like it sooner, but it falls after the semester ends and is way before my wife is due. Score one for the Fat Kid... Please keep my wife and unborn child in your prayers. Richard I
JEAN-NA
on 2/28/07 3:21 am
Richard CONGRATULATIONS !!!! That is awesome !!! everyone has been so freaked out with Blackstones Scheduleing and UHC issue's they have most likely gone to other Docs in the area - That good for you - cause your getting in sooner - the " HOLD OUT " is going to pay off for you ! Keep me posted & I will come visit you in the hospital ! So now your trying to get the 10% off a little quicker - you'll do fine.
gawump
on 2/28/07 12:22 pm - Farmington, NM
I will keep you updated! I am very excited. My date is not super soon, but I'll be done with school for the summer and my wife will be able to come too. I think all I'll have for company is my wife and maybe my parents, so your welcome to pop in. I am trying to be very careful with what I eat, becaue 35 lbs can be alot to loose. I am so ready to start this new life Richard I
M. clarke
on 2/28/07 4:22 am
Richard, I am so glad to hear you got an earlier date. That is fantastic! Congrats on your baby. I just said a prayer for all three of you. I'm glad to hear she/he is doing good
gawump
on 2/28/07 12:25 pm - Farmington, NM
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, My wife and I are excited about my surgery, almost as much as we are about our baby. I am posting a couple of ultrasound images on my profile. Friday marks the end of the first Trimester... our first big goal... It is all happing so fast! Richard I
JRinAZ
on 2/28/07 4:33 am - Layton, UT
Richard! You have been blessed! You, your wife and new little bundle will be in my thoughts and prayers! ....keep us posted! We may have to throw a big old WLS Baby Shower when you come to town.......I've already got one stirring in my thought process for Tiffany!!! Joyce
gawump
on 2/28/07 12:29 pm - Farmington, NM
Joyce that sounds like fun! I am sure my wife would enjoy having something to think about other than me. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, they are most welcome. Richard I PS I am going to post an ultrasound image or two in my profile asap...
Nicole W.
on 2/28/07 2:47 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Congratulations Richard! My friend also got bumped up from October to July. He is very happy, because he was ready to go another surgeon, but he realized that Dr. Blackstone and her program is one of the best, so she stuck with her. Congrats on your bundle of joy. Are you going to find out the sex of the baby? I think it's fun to plan a nursery and so on when you find out. I will be out of town when you are here for the surgery, I will be heading back to my hometown for that week, but I might just be back in time. We will see, I havent gotten my plane tickets yet, but I can be there for you along with Jeanna. Again... congrats! ~Nicole
gawump
on 3/1/07 1:41 am - Farmington, NM
Thank you Nicole, Yes my wife and I plan to find the sex of our child before hand. We are hoping for a girl, and durring the ultrasound they thought that it might be a girl. Of course that means almost nothing, because there is little if any distinction between boy and girl at this young stage of development. Still it gave us hope. Richard I
quiltz
on 3/1/07 12:55 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I'm so glad to hear the good news about your new date! I had my date changed the same day you did so I'm very anxious to see if I might get moved up a bit! All the best with the new baby....get some sleep now because you will really need it!
Most Active