Holding off for now

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/07 7:25 am - AZ
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well....I haven't been on here for a while, I've been so darn busy. Anyway I went and saw Randy on Friday, and as far as the stricture goes, I am going to hold off on any endoscope for now. I am going to write down everytime I throw up and evaluate it in a few weeks. So far, Friday night and Sun afternoon. Sometimes things go down not quite right so I stop before I get sick. I did weigh in at 229 so I am down 47 lbs, and I think I lost another 2...so I am quite happy with that If I lose the 8-10 lbs a month that Randy said I should be at goal Sept. or Oct.!!!!!!!!!!!yippeeee Well I hope all is well with everyone, just wanted to say HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nicole W.
on 2/26/07 9:00 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Erin, Was this Randy's decision or your decision? Does Randy think you have a stricture? I personally was absolutely miserable during my strictures and could not wait to have them fixed. I hated making a meal I was so looking forward to eating and then either having it stick and make myself miserable. I would actually start crying because I had thrown up or couldn't enjoy my food. I did not want to put anymore energy into making foods I couldn't eat or going out with friends and family and have to get up constantly because I felt like I was going to puke... or sit there while everyone else and I couldn't. I finally took control and got it fixed. I understand you have a busy life, but you have to feed your body to get your metabolism in order to lose weight. I think it is silly to avoid this in order of connivence. Sorry... I am just being honest. I talked to Melissa every night and her telling me what she couldn't eat compared to what I could eat and we were only a week apart in surgeries and it was because of her stricture, she was miserable. Katie and I both had a stricture around the same time... we were both in the same boat. Remember... this is your health, it should take priority over some of the "busy" things. All and all you just make yourself sicker, because you are not getting the nutrition from food that you should be. If you need anything... please do not hesitate to ask me... you need a ride to get the endoscope done, I am there for you! But, do not wait to get it fixed. ~Nicole
(deactivated member)
on 2/26/07 10:13 am - AZ
Hey Nicole, I actually want to wait. It is so on and off for me. Like today, I ate lunch and dinner just fine. No getting stuck, no throwing up. But yesterday on the 4th bite, heave ho. It's just so touch and go with me. I really don't want to have an invasive procedure unless it's absolutly nessessary. It's not that I am too busy, but I am just trying to see if it will ease up a bit that's all. On average I would say I vomit 4-6 times a week, that is no where near what you or Melissa was experiencing. That's why I want to wait. But you are such a sweetheart for offering to help me, I have apprciated your help so much in the past. I will let you know what happens. On another subject, are you realeased yet for all foods, aren't you close to your 4 mo post op????? I go the middle of April right before I go to Vegas. Well Nicole thanks again bud, I really value your advice and friendship Talk to you soon..Erin
Nicole W.
on 2/26/07 11:59 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Quick reply... heading home in a few. I probably threw up 4-6 times a week also. I was not vomiting with every meal. There were times I can eat perfectly fine, mindful eating and all. But then there were times everything got stuck, it was touch and go also with me... I just got sick of it. It seemed like my eating revolved around throwing up. Endoscope is not invasive. They knock you out for 10 minutes, then you are done! You are in and out of there in 90 minutes. Ok... stepping off my soap box about the whole stricture thing. I get my 4 month foods tomorrow... yes, I am extremely excited!!! Have a good one! Nicole
M. clarke
on 2/26/07 3:55 pm
Nicole, Please e-mail me and tell me what you find out at your 4 month appointment before you take off to new york My appointment isn't for another week and a half. When do you leave for NY?
Nicole W.
on 3/1/07 10:23 am - Cave Creek, AZ
All foods return... 50% of your meal must be protein. Carbs like pasta 3-4 times a week... healthy carbs like whole wheat pasta, bread, brown rice etc. There is no restriction on meat like we talked about. They will go over your vitamins... etc. It was a good visit.
M. clarke
on 3/1/07 11:06 am
Thanks Nicole
(deactivated member)
on 2/27/07 4:54 am - AZ
Good for you, I can't wait for my 4 mo post op.....If I am still vomiting in 2 weeks I will contact the office and have then send me, I promise... Question for you guys.....did you little pouch start getting hungry around 9 weeks post op ???? Mine does a little, I am eating about 6-7 oz now, but usually in the pm I get a little hungry...just curious.... Talk to you guys soon....Erin
M. clarke
on 2/27/07 5:10 am
Erin, I don't remember if i really "felt" the hunger or really noticed it in my head at that time, but I know around that time my stomach started to growl like it was hungry. And I would drink an extra protein when it did that. I was only eating about 1 ounce of food a day if that though. But yes I think it is normal to start feeling hungry at this point. I didn't actually get noticeable hungry until just recently. But i think that was partly mental also because food didn't taste good to me.
Most Active