What's up????

ginaq56
on 2/27/07 10:58 pm
Hello Everyone, guess I will add to the list. I had my lap RNY on 1/23/07 with Dr. Juarez and I am doing great! I have had no problems except for a couple times with the foamies. Food goes down well and I am enjoying trying new items all the time. I started out at 215 pounds and I'm down to 197. I think I would have a greater weight loss by now but I have been very bad about exercising. I plan on getting out walking by this weekend. (When it warms up a little) My goal is to reach 125 pounds. I love this site. You are all so helpful and sometimes so funny! Another goal is to someday get down to the Phoenix area and meet some of you. I live in the mountains outside of Kingman so when it comes to WLS friends I am kinda isolated out here. Anyway, I'm so glad to be a part of the group and look forward to all the posts. Hugs, Gina in Kingman
kmastin
on 2/28/07 12:30 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I'm here. I'm Karen and had RNY with Dr. Blackstone Oct. 31, 2005. I've been at goal for a while now, having lost 135 lbs. I find that I love clothes shopping now! I exercise regularly, and really try to follow the plan given me. I have been fortunate in that I haven't had and complications. I did have breast cancer in 2005, but have had my plastics in Dec. and love the new girls! I'm having the rest of my plastics in June. I feel like a new person, and look like one too! I wish I could figure out how to post my picture but haven't ever been able to, even with the step by step directions. Go figure! I have joined many activities that I wouldn't have done before surgery. I hike, take dancing lessons, and snorkel. I have a new joy for life. This was the best thing I could have done for myself. I count my blessings!
nicoleaz
on 3/1/07 12:45 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Joyce and everyone else :wave: I'm Nicole I'm having RNY with Dr. Blackstone in 6 days! The folks at SBC and this forum have made me feel so prepared and ready for this. Thank you! I love reading about everyone's post-op experiences - the good, bad, and the ugly. Something I haven't figured out yet is how I'll keep myself busy during the 3 weeks I've taken off work for recovery. I know I'll be making a point to walk every couple of hours, but what did you all do to occupy your time during the day while you recovered? Nicole :spin:
M. clarke
on 3/2/07 9:23 am
Nicole. Great luck with your upcoming surgery. After 8 days of jus****er, and a little bit of jello I wasn't feeling really energized, nor did i really feel like doing anything so I didn't get bored until about 1 1/2 week. I doubt you will get bored that first week. It really is a full time job getting your water in with the little baby sips you have to take, doing the breathing treatments, and walking every 2 hours. Those 2 hours seem to come along pretty quick. I watched my favorite tv series on DVD that week. Keep us posted, and if you feel up to it you can always get online and post if you get bored!
nicoleaz
on 3/2/07 10:30 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Melissa. Thank you for the tips! You're right, the water and walking and breathing treatments...it's dizzying! I'm considering writing out a schedule! A TV series on DVD is a great idea. Think I'll pay a visit to Best Buy! Thanks again. I'll be sure to keep active here - this place is awesome :-D
M. clarke
on 3/2/07 3:21 pm
Nicole M. I kept a journal that first two weeks so that I didn't lose track of my vitamins, walking or breathing. It helped me to keep on track. Also it was fun to add up all my walking through out the day. 10 minute at time can really add up. I often walked 1 1/2 to 2 hours day. I wish I could get motivated to walk that much now. EVERYONE - Congrats on all your wonderful weight losses. I just now read this whole thread. I didn't realize there was a call from Joyce for everyone to share. So I'm a little late on this..LOL. I will be four months post op next week and I have lost 85 pounds. My weight loss has slowed waaay down the past month, so I really need to get myself motivated to exercise more. I know I could be losing much more if I just put a little more into it. Again congrats to everyone. It is fun and inspiring to see everyone's weight losses.
Most Active