What's up????

JRinAZ
on 2/26/07 5:53 am - Layton, UT
Sooooo....I was on the treadmill glazing over with the "Tyra" show and (the gym gives 3 options to watch and she was the most interesting at the moment).....thinking of the folks who used to chatter away on this site! Where are you????? I think we should do a roll call and pull folks out of their lives for half a second to give us an update! I'll start ..... I'm Joyce and I lost 140 pounds when I had open Rny 4 years ago with Dr. Zahn at Bridges St Lukes. I LOVE my life! I'm very active now that I can move my body in zillions of directions and I'm looking forward to some fun new action in my life coming up......(yet to be determined... ) your turn........ Sally? Darlene? E.J.? D.J.? Earl? Ginger? Trisha? Nicole? Medical ? Connie? LeAnne? Pam?.............and ?????? Give us a shout!!!! Joyce
johnb_az
on 2/26/07 6:00 am - Phoenix, AZ
I will bite. I am John (known as Doc by my motorcycle friends). I have my surgery 2-9-07 (Dj's B-day!). I have lost a total of 30 lbs. 19 the month pre-op and 11 since my surgery. I am off all my diabetic meds! I am also only taking one vs. 3 of my B/P meds. I had my surgery done by Dr. Blackstone at Scottsdale Shea. I am bored waiting to get back to the things I enjoy... motorcycles and target shooting comes to mind. I want to go to IDPA contest tonight but I think that might not be a good thing only 2.5 weeks out. Next? Take care, John
Darlene X
on 2/26/07 6:31 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hey my beautiful American Mother! I haven't seen you in a while, you gonna be at group tomorrow? Ive been off work last week, so pretty quiet, I dont get on the net much from home. Im down 155lbs... Im in my goal size jeans... so Im pretty happy where I am, if I lose another 13lbs or so id be happy, but Im happy where I am. My 1 year is next month! I can't believe how time flies! EJ is down 260ish, somewhere there... he went javelina hunting this past weekend, and hiked a ton.. I know he is amazingly thankful he can do that! Im obsessing over cakes right now... I have a bridal shower & a birthday cake this weekend, and Im getting my first paid cake at the end of this month! It will be a good practice for the wedding Im making a square 3-tiered baby shower cake. I have cake on the brain every minute of every day LOL Hope to see you tomorrow... Luv Darlene
HarleyGirl
on 2/26/07 7:17 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi There! I don't post much but I do enjoy reading about everyone. I will be 3yrs Post OP on 4/1. Open RNY with Dr. Newhoff ( who has now retired) I've lost 130lbs. I had some plastics last year BR. On Apr 13th I will be having hernia repair and Panni. All plastics have been approved by ins. so I feel blessed for that Of course life has changed, general health great, no complications. I can keep up with the grandkids! Also, I fit a lot better on the back of the Harley with my DH! Take care, & God Bless us on our journey
(deactivated member)
on 2/26/07 7:31 am - AZ
Hey Joyce, I have seen you alot on here, I'm Erin and am 9 weeks post op and down 49 lbs!!!! love, love, love this site. I think you all are a fun bunch of people. I don't get to support much, I wish they had a Sat support group at SBC. But not yet, anyways you look great, I can't wait to be at goal!!!! Take Care, Erin
desert rat
on 2/26/07 10:20 am - Goodyear, AZ
Erin, This is just a quick note to let you know that there is a support group that meets on the westside (I see that you're in Peoria) on the 2nd & 4th Saturday of every month. We have people from all of the different surgeons both locally & otherwise. We currently are pretty heavy on Blackstone patients, myself & my DH included. We'd love to have you join us! Let me know if you'd like more info & I'll be happy to share it! Best of luck, Dj
LeAnne G.
on 2/26/07 8:45 am - Goodyear, AZ
I'm 6 months out and have lost a total of 112 pounds. I had lap RNY with Dr. Juarez through the Bridges Center at St. Lukes. My life is fabulous and I have so much energy! I'm looking forward to going to an amusement park and riding all the rides some time soon. My only regret is not having this surgery sooner! Hugs to all, LeAnne
Nicole W.
on 2/26/07 9:36 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Well, Hello! I have been hanging low lately... work and school are keeping me extremely busy and I do what I have to do at the computer and go to the gym or sleep. Also I cannot sign on at work much anymore because we got our internet access taken away, so I sign on with my friends log-on here and there. I will be 4 months post op as of the end of this month. As of today, I have lost 73lbs. I am very happy with the weight loss. I am starting to see and feel it more... my triple chin is starting to go away. I feel more confident. I am doing longer and longer on the treadmill and my recovery time is much shorter. A year ago this month I weighed 352lbs, today I am 262. I too am very grateful for this site, it helped me a great deal as a pre-op during those freak out moments of the psych eval, insurance and the waiting game for surgery date. I have made some lifelong friends from this site and SBC support groups. ~Nicole
desert rat
on 2/26/07 10:13 am - Goodyear, AZ
Okay...my turn. I'm Dj. I had Lap RNY with Dr. Blackstone nearly 20 months ago. To date, I have lost 179 pounds! I'd still like to get down a few more pounds but if it doesn't happen I won't cry too loudly! I'd love to post more but I can't access this site from work either. At least they didn't block FitDay so I can still log as I go. I stay way too busy. Now that I have the energy, I find it hard to say no. With work, church, support group and my wonderfully growing group of friends, I'm one busy puppy. This weekend Earl & I are doing a 2.5 mile "hike for the homeless" with our friend from church. Our goal is to do the big 7+ mile hike next year. I feel that I could do it now but Earl is still too early post op. He's at church tonight but I'll make him post something when he gets home. This website has been a God-send. It got me through the process, through the recovery and now it's getting me through the settling in stage. I just need to stay vigilant...I do NOT want to regain one single ounce...but only time will tell. God Bless you ALL! Dj
pwrightt
on 2/26/07 10:34 am - PHOENIX, AZ
HI Joyce: Just being pretty busy now that I am back to work full time. I am now 10 weeks post op and down 41 pounds. Clothes are feeling nice and loose. One day I want to come to one of the luncheons. Would love to meet everybody. My only set back so far has been constipation. No fun. But I am going next week to see Dr.Juarez and see if there is anything he can prescribe. Believe me I have tried it all. Thank you Joyce for putting this post out. Its great to hear from everyone. Pam
Most Active