Alli?

desert rat
on 2/25/07 10:09 am - Goodyear, AZ
I saw your post on the main board about getting a good deal at a resale shop. Where do you go? I've bought a lot from My Sister's Closet but I keep hesitating to take anything in to them. I tried selling some nice jackets to a different store but they only wanted to give me $5.00 for a suade jacket that I paid over $100 for. Needless to say, I kept my clothes. I'd rather give them to Goodwill. I just don't know what to expect for a nice piece of clothing. Any insight? Dj
alligatorpgr
on 2/25/07 11:15 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I go to Other Mothers. They are a childrens/womens resale shop. I've done some trading with My Sister's Closet also, but they are definitely looking for higher end products, and so I've only traded a few things with them and that was about 3 years ago and size 12-14. Again, if you just want trade-in value at Other Mothers you do get a higher percentage. Best of luck to you Alli
desert rat
on 2/25/07 11:37 am - Goodyear, AZ
Thanks Alli, I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and take some things into My Sister's Closet and see what they say. I always buy things on sale so even though the clothes were not expensive to me, they are "high-end." The suede jacket that I mentioned was originally priced at $250. I paid right at $100 for it but the $5 the other store wanted to give me for it was rediculous!! Thanks for your help! Dj
M. clarke
on 2/25/07 1:34 pm
Desert Rat, You might try e-bay. if your only going to get $5.00 at that store, you might find you get more off e-bay especially on some of the designer pieces. I sold some blue fish a while back and it went for around $15 - $60 a piece. And some of them had holes in them. Then again you can't get blue fish anymore so people are willing to buy it even damaged, but my Elizabeth and Jones of New York usually go for around $15+ a piece worn without tags. Might be worth it just to list one piece even and see how it goes for you. Then again I had a silk suit that was originally about $150 sell for $4.00 also. LOL. But that is what I listed it for and it was too big so I figured better then nothing. I don't recommend listing at to high of a price, but you also don't want to list for less then you are willing to let it go at comfortable. I probably should have listed the silk suit for more but I had listed like 50 pieces and was tired
MARY OTU
on 2/26/07 11:21 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
DJ, What size do you have? I would love to buy from you. Size 12ish right now. I have tons of clothes too. I heard Sojourner Center is a good charity to donate too as they assist women in re-entering the work force. Large sizes are appreciated. One of these days I will take all these clothes over ther. Resale shops just are not worth the trouble. Donation is tax deductable as well. Mary
Mary Jo C.
on 2/28/07 1:04 am - Phoenix, AZ
Another way to go may be Craigslist.com. If you mention WLS or Gastric Bypass in your post heading you will get people like us' attention and we could start a Craigslist resale organization! Hee hee. Hey, stranger things have happened! I just sold a car and furniture on Craigslist and have sold clothing there before. I also sell ALOT on eBay. Good plus sized clothing is always a big seller there. I bought a pair of jeans in a size 14 on eBay the other day as a pair of GOAL JEANS. I haven't worn jeans in years! And so I wait for that wonderful day when they FIT :0)
Most Active