Saturday was a good Day!

desert rat
on 2/24/07 9:10 am - Goodyear, AZ
What a great day it has been. It started when I woke up, totally rested, at just after 7 a.m. & my DH suggested we take a walk. I had over 5000 on my pedometer in only 45 minutes. Then we went to the Westside WLS support group meeting and had FIVE new people!! That was such a great surprise. Welcome Mary & Otu, we are so glad you joined us. John & Ramona, you are such a wonderful addition to our group, be warned, we will pick your brains, too! Judy...you are in my heart! I pray that your surgery will be approved and scheduled the next time we meet!! Hang in there; it takes some of us longer than others...I should know. After the meeting we had a wonderful lunch at Chuy's with John & Ramona. Then Earl & I went to Trader Joe's and bought the pineapple & papaya enzyme that LeAnn told us about (thanks LeAnn ) While we up there we also bought some beautiful, vine ripened, fresh tomatoes, some fresh strawberries and a beautiful cantaloupe from a "farmer" in the parking lot. We finally came home just in time for Earl to hit his afternoon wall . I love days when I feel like I got something accomplished. I hope everyone had a good day too. Dj
pwrightt
on 2/24/07 10:48 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Can I ask you. What are these good for the pineapple & papaya enzyme? Thanks Pam
johnb_az
on 2/25/07 12:55 am - Phoenix, AZ
We had a nice time also. It was great to meet everyone. John
Earl J.
on 2/25/07 1:47 am - AZ
The papaya and pineapple enzime is a digestive aid. It was suggested by LeAnn to take one when you get the "too full" feeling. Plus side, they're quite yummy. ej
LeAnne G.
on 2/25/07 9:45 am - Goodyear, AZ
I take the pineapple & papaya enzymes when I get that "stuck" feeling after I have ate something too fast, too dry, or just not agreeable to my pouch. They have been a life saver to me. It's a bonus they taste great too! I agree DJ...it was great to see some new faces at our support meeting!!! I hope they come back LeAnne
vquigley
on 2/27/07 10:51 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi DJ, I'm sorry I missed the meeting on Saturday. Sounds like everyone had a good time. Ike and I went up to Cottonwood so he could take care of a service call for his work and then we spent the afternoon with my aunt and cousin. We had a good day as well. Can't wait to see everyone at our next meeting. Virginia
Most Active