Strictures

M. clarke
on 2/23/07 11:17 am
Does anyone know how quickly a stricture can reoccur after you have been dilated?
Nicole W.
on 2/23/07 11:58 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I sent you a message on Yahoo... 1st one was fixed on 12/1, 2nd one was fixed on 12/20. Do liquids for a few days, let your pouch relax and let the inflammation go down, then try foods again.
(deactivated member)
on 2/26/07 7:19 am - AZ
Hey Melissa I haven't been on here in forever, I have been so busy!!!!!!!!!!!! Has your stricture returned???? Let me know.....Erin
M. clarke
on 2/26/07 10:06 am
Erin. I am still not sure if it has returned. I went off food for a few days to let my stomach settle down. It could be that it is starting to close, or could be that I am eating to fast. I'm not sure yet. Erin did Randy tell you he didn't think you had a stricture?? Stick to your guns if you think you have one. They kept telling me it didn't sound like a stricture either until I finally hit beyond the point that they felt it was normal to be throwing up. Then 3 months later they finally conceded that it was probably stricture. Don't let them do that to you. IF you feel you have one you probably do. I should have trusted my instincts and trusted that I knew my body better then them even if I wasn't familiar with the surgery. I know it is hard because we want to trust them when they say the throwing up is all normal. After all, they are the experts. But trust what you feel. You know your body better then them. If you think this is a stricture insist they check it out. You will kick yourself later if you are made to wait and be miserable only to get find out later you did have a stricture.
(deactivated member)
on 2/26/07 10:44 am - AZ
Hey Melissa, nice to hear from you. I have a new pic posted on my profile, it was taken by my hubby, it's the 1st pic in years that I actually like!! Well he really didn't say, but I actually decided to wait a little longer and write down when I throw up and what I eat. Like today lunch and dinner no problem, went down smooth. Last night the 4th bite and it came right up. So I am going to give it a little more time and if I am still throwing up a few weeks then I will insist they refer me to do the endoscope. I mean if I was vomiting 2-3 x a day like you, I would have no problem telling them, but I don't so I will be patient. Well I hope you have a wonderful week....talk to you soon Melissa PS did you try the shake recipie, my mornings are not the same if I don't have my shake!!!
M. clarke
on 2/26/07 4:09 pm
Erin you know your body best. Just make sure you don't let them bully you into thinking you don't have one, K. I only threw up once a day. That may have been because once I threw up my breakfast I didn't try to eat again until the next day or even 2 days. LOL. But like Nicole said. Sometimes things went down okay, and sometimes they didn't. However even when I could keep food down though it was no where near 3 ounces. It was more like a few bites. One thing the throwing up did was completely take away my appetite. Nothing ever tasted good, so even when I could eat it never tasted good enough to try more then a few bites. I don't know if that was a phycological thing or not. But I know I like food again now, and I didn't before I got the stricture fixed. Just make sure you don't get malnourished. I know no one ever wants something to be wrong. But I was really relieved that it was a stricture. The thought of throwing up ever day for the rest of my life was really depressing me. So I was glad there was an answer to my problem. If you ever want to know more about it you can always give me a call too. And if it does turn out to be one and Nicole isn't available to take you I will be your backup ride. Okay. So no excuses there You have two rides Hopefully it isn't anything and you just need to adjust the food your eating or the way your eating. I am still learning to eat myself. And still throwing up. I'm hoping that is all part of the learning to eat process and not another stricture. Time will tell
Most Active