Hi Everyone. I downl...

M. clarke
on 2/22/07 2:03 pm
Hi Everyone. I downloaded that software that DesertRat mentioned earlier in her post today. The software from FitDay.Com. They have the downloadable version on clearance for $20.00. It takes like 5 minutes to download. It has graphs and charts for everything including your moods, journaling spot, and lots lots more. Some of the info is a little outdated as far as they don't show transfats on their food labels. They also only have a spot to fill in Carbs, but not sugars. I like to note my sugars also. Other then that it is great. It has a large list of already entered foods, plus a huge list of activities and calories burned doing them. It also calculates your vitamin intake from the food you are eating. It starts you out with a rough estimate of burning calories basically being sedentary and digestion. Then every time you enter something, such as "Feed the animals" or "Walked the dog" It automatically adjusts it for you and shows you how many calories you burned doing that. It also tells you how many calories you need to eat a day to lose your goal by a certain date and so on so on. And it seems accurate also as it takes into account your weight, not just the activitity. We Big girls/guys burn more calories with walking then a skinny person. So it's nice they give us the credit for it. It will also be good to watch how that changes as I lose weight. It will inspire me to kick up the routine to keep burning the same calories. It probably like the calendar view the most so far as you can pick a date and it will show you what your weight loss was that month, or year (which ever you pick) You BMI on that day or for the week total. Lots of options. Anyways. Check it out it has lots of great tools for us. I downloaded it about 4 hours ago and so far I think it is well worth the $20.00. I've been tracking all of this on my excel sheet, so its nice to have a program that will do it for me. Thanks Desert Rat for turning me/us on to it.
desert rat
on 2/23/07 3:23 am - Goodyear, AZ
Melissa, I'm so glad you like it. It really was a life saver for me. Like I said (too late of course) I like the free one better because I can access it from work but the one you pay for does have more bells & whistles. You are soooo welcome! I always get so much info from these boards, I'm honored to be able to help someone else out. Dj
Most Active