bad, bad, WLS buddy!

JRinAZ
on 2/20/07 12:45 am - Layton, UT
Sooooo....I'm on the treadmill last night at the gym and in walks my good friend Jeanna (yup, the one on this support site).....I give her a shout and she grabs the treadmill next to me for a chat and workout. Then....she hollers at her personal trainer and insists on introducing me and telling him how much weight I've lost! I've worked out for over 3 years at this gym and have never told any of the trainers or staff about my weight loss. I just kind of wanted to be one of the normies workin my buns off..... Soooooo....off I go over there this morning and all of a sudden I'm a celeb amongst the trainers and they all wanted to hear the details! Ummmmmm.....thanks Jeanna! They think I should be set up as some sort of group counselor or something! .... I told them I already had a group (Chandler) but that I'd be happy to work out with some of the folks that are uncomfortable with the stereotypical trainers. ......this could be fun! Joyce
JEAN-NA
on 2/20/07 1:15 am
TRUTH BE TOLD ... I would rather have you as my trainer . You know what I have been through and walked in my shoe's ! I think not only would I benefit from your personal exp also a lot of other's might be motivated by YOU !!! It can be very difficult to go to a gym with all the Hard Body trainers - I want a real person who has been there and knows what it takes .. *** I didnt know Mike had a big Mouth - Sorry !!! So .... When do you start ??/ Sign me up
dfavre
on 2/21/07 3:51 am - Maricopa, AZ
I agree, the typical trainers that I have dealt with seem to just go through the motions and rarely seem to care about your success. I think that having someone who has been on both sides of the fence will have a better perspective of what it is that motivates and sustains us. As I read the many posts on this board, I feel that you have a genuine kindness that would really make you a wonderful trainer. But only consider it if it makes you happy, not us.
M. clarke
on 2/21/07 6:02 am
It used to be hard to become a personal trainer, and they used to have to actual have knowledge of what they were doing, and be capable of it. I have trained under what i consider "real" trainers and i have never forgotten them they were so committed and dedicated to what they did. If you can find one that has been around a while and actually had to go through the process to become a trainer you are lucky. Now anyone can get a license, even if they have never worked out a day of their life, and it makes for a dangerous situation and a greater potential for them causing you harm. It has made me really not trust the entire industry.
JRinAZ
on 2/21/07 8:15 am - Layton, UT
Hey Dawn! You are toooooo kind! But, I just might take the giant step into the forbidden world of the hard and healthy bodies and go for it!!!! Could be fun! Joyce
JRinAZ
on 2/21/07 5:40 am - Layton, UT
Silly Girl! Just let me know your schedule and we cn work out "Together"!!!! .....I've actually considered getting my P.T. certification cuz I would love helping someone through those beginning fears that I remember facing! I'll let you know if that becomes part of my future!!!! Hugggzzz to you and thanks for the kind words! Joyce
M. clarke
on 2/21/07 6:05 am
Joyce. It sounds like something you might enjoy doing from the way you like to help people out. I bet you would be great at it.
JRinAZ
on 2/21/07 8:18 am - Layton, UT
Ahhhhh, Thanks Melissa! I've actually called around and checked out the various programs. It seems the courses that are actually valid and give meaningful education are "butt kickers"! ...........Woooooo Hoooooooooo .....Bring it!!!!! :dance Joyce
M. clarke
on 2/21/07 8:44 am
They are Joyce. I spent 3 weeks at the SC Police Academy. The trainers there had just gotten there certification and they said it absolutely kicked there butts. And these three did nothing all day but work out. So if it kicked there butts it has to be hard. I'm glad your looking into it. I think you would be a great inspiration.
Nicole W.
on 2/23/07 12:47 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I workout at the gym at work, now my company has 4000 employees in that building and all the people from my old department know I had the surgery and majority of them workout there too... so when I am walking my butt off on the treadmill and people come in I am constantly getting the thumbs up while I am jamming away with my iPod. Fortunately, the one trainer did her internship with Scottsdale Bariatric and she has been great with me. I am happy I work out there even thou some people dislike working out and sweating in front of co-workers, I don't mind really, I think it makes for a happy workplace.
Most Active